• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rox riser...WOW!!!

ggilmore2324

Reaction score
Visit site
All,
After having them sitting in a box for 3 weeks, I finally installed the Rox 2 inch risers today. All I can say is...WOW!!! What a difference it makes in the riding comfort. I was having a problem with my left thumb and hand going numb and "tingly" after only 30 minutes on the bike. I would spend the rest of my ride finding ways to relax my hand only to have the numbness return after a few minutes.

After installing the Rox risers today, I rode for almost 5 hours with NO NUMBNESS...UNBELIEVABLE!! I had been doubtful that the risers would make such a dramatic difference, but boy, was I wrong.

As for my positioning, I rotated the risers and thus the bars closer to me sitting in the cockpit. The result was much less reaching and more arm bend. I also sit more upright and comfortable on my Shad seat.

Overall, I can't say enough about the difference. I was also surprised and the almost infinite adjustability between the risers and bars.

I am going out for another 4 hours tomorrow and I will post one more update.

BTW: I am fairly new to riding and this forum is EXTREMELY helpful...Thank you to everyone!!!!

Great! Glad you like your risers. I have the same and they are a big improvement.

I have just one question, though. Why doesn't Honda just make the bars higher in the first place?

All,
After having them sitting in a box for 3 weeks, I finally installed the Rox 2 inch risers today. All I can say is...WOW!!! What a difference it makes in the riding comfort. I was having a problem with my left thumb and hand going numb and "tingly" after only 30 minutes on the bike. I would spend the rest of my ride finding ways to relax my hand only to have the numbness return after a few minutes.

After installing the Rox risers today, I rode for almost 5 hours with NO NUMBNESS...UNBELIEVABLE!! I had been doubtful that the risers would make such a dramatic difference, but boy, was I wrong.

As for my positioning, I rotated the risers and thus the bars closer to me sitting in the cockpit. The result was much less reaching and more arm bend. I also sit more upright and comfortable on my Shad seat.

Overall, I can't say enough about the difference. I was also surprised and the almost infinite adjustability between the risers and bars.

I am going out for another 4 hours tomorrow and I will post one more update.

BTW: I am fairly new to riding and this forum is EXTREMELY helpful...Thank you to everyone!!!!
5.jpg

Now everything will clear the windshield and handlebars. This includes the hand guards.

SmileyDon'tForget.jpg

The 2" Rox risers are a "must" for real comfort on the NC7!

00.jpg

Great! Glad you like your risers. I have the same and they are a big improvement.

I have just one question, though. Why doesn't Honda just make the bars higher in the first place?

They sorta make them lower for a sportier feel and to help keep you planted in the seat when traveling on the highway. A forward lean helps to counteract the wind in your chest.

Once you get a windshield you'll find you're having to support your weight more, if you can't do it with your core, you arms and wrist will take a beating, and hence necessitating the risers.

The riser are a definite improvement. I wondered why I waited so long after installing mine.

They sorta make them lower for a sportier feel and to help keep you planted in the seat when traveling on the highway. A forward lean helps to counteract the wind in your chest.

Once you get a windshield you'll find you're having to support your weight more, if you can't do it with your core, you arms and wrist will take a beating, and hence necessitating the risers.

I had a core many years ago

As promised...I rode 120 miles yesterday through the Texas Hill Country. No had issues at all. I also used the omni throttle lock as a cruise device. Very effective!!

Thanks again to everyone who recommended the Rox risers.

Question: With the more upright riding position, has anyone done the seat mod to level the seat? If so, what are the results?

For me the Rox risers and the seat mod were the 2 best changes I’ve made for comfort. After that would come 2 other inexpensive changes. Grip puppies which fatten up the grips for my long fingers and a throttle rocker.

You have to fiddle with the cables a little to get the slack right. There are cable ties on the front of the triple tree. From the factory the slack is below the cable ties and you need it above the cable ties.
The brake line has a clamp under the nose. You can either angle the clamp up or probably the better way is to fiddle with the grommet enough to break the glue so that the cable can slide up (grommet slide down) and that way the bracket stays straight.

I was just wondering since the rox risers pulls the cables to the max,has anyone had any problems or thought the same thing?

I was just wondering since the rox risers pulls the cables to the max,has anyone had any problems or thought the same thing?

Upon adding the 2 inch Rox risers, I routed my clutch cable as direct as possible. I looked at the actuator arm on the clutch housing to be sure there was no pulling when the bars were turned lock to lock.

I loosened up the wiring clamps on either side of the steering head to be sure the wires had enough slck.

I replaced the brake hose with a longer custom made aftermarket one.

I don't have anything that is max'd. I cut the wire ties on both the left and the right and secured everything after the install. Plenty of slack. The brake line would be the one thing that could be a of concern but after breaking the grommet free I was able to move that house and it is just about perfect. Not tight but definitely no slack. I have no worries about future problems due to the movement or reduced slack in any cables or hoses.

Back