• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Saddle

I don't think I've ever used the term "saddle" in reference to motorcycle seats. I know others do, perhaps a regional thing?

When I hear "throne", I think a drummers' seat.

I don't think I've ever used the term "saddle" in reference to motorcycle seats. I know others do, perhaps a regional thing?

When I hear "throne", I think a drummers' seat.

Me too. I went to a drum clinic by Joe Morello many years ago. His tour was sponsored by Ludwig. But he was a large and nearly blind guy by this time and he waddled out to the set and sat down and said "Someone get me a Rogers throne before this piece of Ludwig junk folds up on me". Needless to say, his sponsors weren't too happy with the statement. Then he felt around and got the traps where he wanted them and then unleashed the subtle drum wizard within him. He didn't beat and bang like Gene Krupa. He played a simple 4-drum 4-cymbal set and was sophisticated cool.

Back on topic after that aside, I think the Harley guys still have saddles because they ride iron horses while wearing chaps and duster coats.

When I think of a saddle, it is something you place on an animal to ride it. I would no sooner call the seat a saddle than my wife a ballast monkey.............

I still want a 2WD Ural Patrol................My wife is very understanding, just not another bike understanding.

Back