• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

saddlesore 1000

davidc83

Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Going to start my Saddlesore 1000 ride tomorrow morning (8/30/2014) at about 530am ET. I normally do at least 786 mile one day ride at least 3 times a year (in about 13 hours each time), so I decided to add another 250 miles to the trip so I can get the paperwork done. I am going to start in Henryville Indiana, take I-65 down to Gulf Shores, take I-10 east to I-75 in Florida, and I-75 down to Fl Hwy 121 to Williston (or Fl Hwy 24 to Archer).
It may be a bad day since it is Labor Day weekend, but my main concern in time is FOOTBALL. University of Alabama has a home game west of Birmingham and Auburn has a home game East of Montgomery, but luckily, Florida State (Tallahassee) is away in Oklahoma. If any of you guys see a red nc700x with a black topbox with a backpack attached to it, give a wave :).

Tentative plan, leave Henryville at 530am ET, roll thru Nashville Tn at 730CT (830Et), Birmingham Al around 11am CT, Montgomery around 1pm CT, Gulf Shores around 430pm CT, Tallahassee Fl at 9pm CT and Williston Fl around midnight CT or 11pm ET. Includes my quick fuel stops, and 2 quick food stops, with a some leeway for traffic, but I probably wont make it to Williston until Midnight ET (instead of CT), I will probably take a longer food stop somewhere east of Gulf shores.

I bought an airhawk pad I will be using to help (hope so); I rode around last weekend for 5-6 hours and I noticed a big difference if my butt comfort.

The Bama game is at the Georgia Dome, Chick-fil-a kickoff, so that shouldn't be an issue. Auburn could give you some traffic but most people from the B'ham area go out Hwy280 so I don't think the Auburn traffic on I-65 south will be bad.

Hope the ride is a success! If your are putting those miles on regularly, it should not be a problem.

completed. I made it in 18 hours. what can I say about Interstate riding-boring! the only good sight was in Mobile, Al; coming out of the tunnel and seeing the USS Alabama-huge battleship. later guys. now staying a few days in the Gainesville/Williston area. giving the backend a couple days of rest. anybody in the area want to meetup for lunch on Tuesday/Wednesday?

completed. I made it in 18 hours. what can I say about Interstate riding-boring! the only good sight was in Mobile, Al; coming out of the tunnel and seeing the USS Alabama-huge battleship. later guys. now staying a few days in the Gainesville/Williston area. giving the backend a couple days of rest. anybody in the area want to meetup for lunch on Tuesday/Wednesday?

Welcome (back?) to the neighborhood! I live in Wilison; Lunch sounds good!

flaferalcat-you want to do lunch on Wednesday? I can meet up anytime/anywhere in the area

OK! Wednesday's good. ... I sent you a PM. Local places in Williston I like: Frogs, Angelina Mia's. I havn't tried the new Pizza Hut yet.... or Melanies. Of course Cedar Key or Gainesville are open too. I don't know many (good) spots in Ocala.

Back