• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sat nav / holders

drc563

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks
I have an iphone4s with sat nav on it and also a Memory map 3500 with full sat nav - Looking at holders to use these on my NC700X - does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations.
I do have a fitting for the MM 3500 that fits on the bar os both my mountain bike and Bandit but there appears to be insufficient room on the NC.
I also have an old "brick-like" tom tom which I use in the wife's car but could easily utilise on the bike with the right holder / bag etc. I welcome anyones input or feedback from their own experiences.
To be honest I just cannot afford or justify a bespoke bike sat nav when I have 3 other versions of the same thing basically.
Cheers
Dean

Get a Ram Mount ball ( part #RAM-B-367U) that will replace one of your bar mount bolts, an arm and the proper cradle. Doesn't look like they have one for the MM3500, but they have cradles for the iPhone and TomTom GPS's.

For examples of iPhone cradles look here. TomTom cradles here.

DSC00354.jpg

Last edited:
Get a Ram Mount ball ( part #RAM-B-367U) that will replace one of your bar mount bolts, an arm and the proper cradle. Doesn't look like they have one for the MM3500, but they have cradles for the iPhone and TomTom GPS's.

For examples of iPhone cradles look here. TomTom cradles here.

DSC00354.jpg

Thanks Tweak! Exactly what I need to mount my GPS. On my Multistrada, I fabricated a windscreen mount using a short piece of conduit bolted to the screen. Was much more visible to glance at that way then to divert my eyes down and away from the road. Was going to do the same to this screen but balked when considering it.

GPS Mount II.jpgGPS Mount.jpg

I have fitted my iPhone 3GS in a waterproof case that is mounted on the touring screen mounting bar.

iPhone holder.jpg

They are available on ebay and are supplied with all the electrical bits and pieces to charge your phone as well.

Ram also makes a mount that bolts up to the brake or clutch lever perch. I mounted one on the clutch perch and it puts the phone where it is really easy to control with the left hand.

Bob

Back