• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Say Hello To "Sparky"

I have test ridden a Zero, pretty amazin machine...

could you give us a review on the GIVI windshiled? i really like to know if it deflected the wind over your helmet...

how tall are you?

Are your numbers from running in ECO or SPORT?

I am like everybody else. I can't have one but sure want to know all the details.

ECO - Turns this bike into a slug that will not go over 70 MPH, its like riding a 1975 CB125 going downhill with a tailwind. Yes, it will help with your energy consumption, but it will "Kill" all the fun. I would call it the equivalent to "D-Mode" in the DCT. Little to none regeneration in this mode. The bike coast more than anything else.

SPORT - Turns this bike into a "Rocket" and speeds over 70 MPH can achieved it in short distances. As a result, you consume more energy to achieve these quick accelerations and speed. No regeneration in this mode. The bike coast more than anything else.

CUSTOM - Is an user defined setting using the Zero Motorcycles App. I created my profile to limit the top speed to 85 MPH and torque to 80%. I turned up the Regeneration settings to about or over 75%. I think these settings are helping with conserving energy without giving up too much fun. I think I reached a perfect balance based on my riding style and commute.

Last edited:
I have test ridden a Zero, pretty amazin machine...

could you give us a review on the GIVI windshiled? i really like to know if it deflected the wind over your helmet...

how tall are you?

I bought the Commuter Screen, which not made by Givi. I'll have to see if I still have the bag in my recycle bin to find out who is the manufacture of the unit.

The windshield does the same job as an aftermarket large windscreen on the NC700. It keeps air off your chest and does not move it over the helmet. This one is adjustable too. Push it forward in the morning and down in the afternoon.

I found the installation to be troublesome due many items on or around bars, their geometry added a level of difficulty. I feel a difference when I change the position of the shield. It works, however it's not super effective

I am 5' 11" to answer your question regarding my height.

With that elongated headlight and the red paint, I immediately thought of it as a grown up version of a Honda Grom. I think it looks great. The bits of body work below the "tank" look much better than a bare, exposed battery pack.

The only think I think the designers should change is to install a black plastic hugger with a full 180 degrees of coverage, and get rid of the silly fender extension thing sticking out from the tail.

Nice bike!
I am a huge fan of EV's
Here in the UK I a drive Renault Twizy :)
Because of daft Euro Laws I actually drive it on my Motorcycle Licence!

Renault_Twizy,_side_view.jpg

It is a two seater (passenger sits hehind driver :) ) it has a top speed of 52mph and a real world range of 45 miles
Only takes 3 hours to charge from flat to full but we have 240v which helps!
Would love a testride on a zero but they stopped importing them to the UK a couple of years ago :(

Andy

Nice bike!
I am a huge fan of EV's
Here in the UK I a drive Renault Twizy :)
Because of daft Euro Laws I actually drive it on my Motorcycle Licence!

Renault_Twizy,_side_view.jpg

It is a two seater (passenger sits hehind driver :) ) it has a top speed of 52mph and a real world range of 45 miles
Only takes 3 hours to charge from flat to full but we have 240v which helps!
Would love a testride on a zero but they stopped importing them to the UK a couple of years ago :(

Andy

I like your mini-cage. Where do you put in the wind up key?. LOL :p

I bet you get a lot of looks from people when you are driving it around. I did this morning while on the Interstate... :eek:

BUMMER, on more Zero imports into the UK. Maybe agian in the future.

I took some static studio styled pictures of Sparky yesterday evening. I still need to go through all those images and edit them. Soon as they are ready, I'll post a link to them to share with you all.

Stay Tuned... ;)

With that elongated headlight and the red paint, I immediately thought of it as a grown up version of a Honda Grom. I think it looks great. The bits of body work below the "tank" look much better than a bare, exposed battery pack.

To me this bike looks a lot more like the Honda CB300F . Which I as considering getting one of these to replace my CB360T. If I took the job 1 mile away from my house, I would have. However the pay and was not there.

The job I took instead is nearly 30 miles away and helped me make the decision to purchase the Zero and now I got Sparky.

Day 2 - I used 40% of the charge from fully charged to get to work, which is 29.2 miles one-way. I was "Cruising" at an average speed of 78 MPH. My average consumption works outs to 1.37% per mile, 15.3 kWh * .0137 = 209.61 Watt Hours Per Mile (WhPM).

IMG_4789.jpg

On way home yesterday I used 30% from fully charged, my speeds are significantly reduced do to the amount of traffic heading. I think that my average speed was 60 to 65 MPH, which works out to about a 1.03% per mile on the way home, 15.3 kWh * .0103 = 157.59 Watt Hours Per Mile (WhPM).

I hope this means something to you all. I cannot convert it to anything else at this time without doing any further research into the subject.

Today's estimated charge time is 3:32 using an EV Charging Station with a 208 VAC output voltage using the on-board charger.

IMG_4791.jpg

Back