• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat Concepts opinions

robnpat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my tracking number from my Seat Concept group buy, & I already talked to a local guy who will install it for $25. What is the general opinion on this seat from those who got theirs & installed it? I had my current seat modified (removed some foam) to help lower it a bit, & that combined with lowering links helps me put both feet down. With some foam removed, though, it isn't very comfortable riding. Looks like I'm going to lose the ability to put both feet down if needed when I get the Seat Concept installed.

Opinions? Worth the cost?

Rob

Think there will be dozens of product reviews in 5 to 7 days.............as most of us on the group buy will receive the seat components soon and complete the install this weekend...........................

Last edited:
I am also waiting for a tracking #, it has to be better than the stock seat? We are all different
On what is a good seat.

Just got my tracking number this morning! Unfortunately, I will be out of town all of next week and won't be able to get the installation done until I get back (tracking says it should arrive two days after I depart...doh!). Can't wait to install it and go for an extended ride. Look forward to the reviews from the folks that are getting theirs this week!

Got my tracking number yesterday, too. Should be here next Tuesday, and then I'll take it to get it installed. I hope I'm not burning myself much with a 'taller' seat; I hate the feeling of leaning too far over at a stop.

Got my tracking number too -- but it won't be here until after the weekend.... d'oh.

Oh well, I'll go get some stainless staples this weekand and be ready for it!

trey

Welp, mine is now installed. Not a hard job in concept just a little pain in the butt to get the wrinkles out. No ride report yet but I should be able to take a pretty long ride tomorrow.

Mine is here. Too late to take a photo but the carbon fiber pattern is nearly identical to stock except the pattern runs diagonal instead of straight bow to stern, and the black is slightly duller and grippier. I think it's good for the pattern to run diagonal since then you won't need to agonize over having the cover on perfectly straight, lest it show.

The foam piece looks great; there's much less slope to the front. I won't mount mine until Saturday because Friday looks to be a 13 hour work day. Oh well, the OT will pay for the seat.

Greg

So, today I took about a 4 hour ride on the new seat. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, a pressure/rub point on my inner thighs are now gone, the seat is a little firmer than what I would really like but it isn't bad and should get better as it breaks in. My only real gripe/concern is that the new seat is taller than the stock one. I used to be able to flat foot both feet at a stop (most of the time) but now I can't. Nothing major but if you're already vertically challenged this could be a problem, I'm 6' tall but my height is in my torso.

But as I said, overall I'm happy just waiting to see how it will be at the 500 mile mark.

P.S. a passenger seat that is built up so it acts like a back rest too would be great.

I got the fabric embossed, don't mind the wrinkles now that the cover is nice and warm and stretchy I'm going to go fix that.

Not 100% out but looks better.

Last edited:
My only real gripe/concern is that the new seat is taller than the stock one. I used to be able to flat foot both feet at a stop (most of the time) but now I can't. Nothing major but if you're already vertically challenged this could be a problem, I'm 6' tall but my height is in my torso.

Yikes! That's not good for me...will hopefully see what can be done when I get mine installed.

I don't know how you thought they were going to remove the slope without raising the height, it is the same base plate after all.

The seat may or may not be taller, but making it wider, as it appears toward the rear of the seat, could also make a difference in flatfooting.

This is more than likely it, but it just felt like I was sitting taller while moving. It isn't so much of a problem for me per say, but it you're on your toes with the stock seat it could be a major problem for someone. Either or, I expect to lose a little of the height once everything settles in.

I don't know how you thought they were going to remove the slope without raising the height, it is the same base plate after all.

I never had the slope being much of an issue for me so I didn't really put much thought into it. Overall though, for me, it's not that big of a deal.

My seat was delivered today! I am just barely my toes with the OEM seat. Do you think the seat will pack out like helmets and ski boots? I looking forward to more comfortable seat.

my first impression is that the carbon fiber material matches pretty well (not perfect but more than acceptable).

a question I thought of today - will the material be robust to the odd gasoline/petrol splash??

Back