• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Self-Balancing Honda Riding Assist-E Concept Headed For 2017 Tokyo Motor Show

BigGuppy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The future of the NC700? Electric and auto-balancing?

Self-Balancing Honda Riding Assist-e Concept Headed for 2017 Tokyo Motor Show

Honda will present its second self-balancing motorcycle concept at next month’s Tokyo Motor Show, this time applying the technology to a new electric motorcycle. The Honda Riding Assist-e uses the same robotics technology that allowed the original Riding Assist concept to keep itself balanced at low speeds without rider input.

The original Riding Assist concept used a Honda NC700 as its base, with the self-balancing technology housed in the front end. Instead of using gyroscopes, the technology uses robotics developed from Honda’s UNI-CUB personal mobility device to stay upright at low speeds or at a standstill, making micro adjustments to maintain balance.

The NC700’s frame returns once again, but instead of the forward-tilted parallel-Twin engine, the chassis holds an electric motor, mounted high, just under the seat. Power is delivered to the rear wheel via a drive shaft housed in the single-sided swingarm.

092917-honda-riding-assist-e-f.jpg

092917-honda-riding-assist-e-014H-633x442.jpg

092917-honda-riding-assist-e-014H-633x442.jpg

Just can’t warm up to the “no rear fender” look. See that on more and more models. And the rider “triangle” looks a little off - but that could be a misperception from the photo. Guess electric is our future - well, someone’s future, I’ll be riding the clouds by then. :rolleyes:

Just like some people, OK, most people, are not designed to be supermodels, some other people are not designed or capable enough to ride motorcycles.

It's just a fact. Go to any major rally and you can see lot's of riders who are way over their head. Why does Honda want to increase the amount of motorcycle wrecks? Killing your customers will not increase your auto sales.

I don't know, but it looks kinda cool. The only time I fell over is when I hit some sawdust on the floor in my garage and my foot slipped.the motor wasn't even running. would the assist have helped?

WOW!!!

giphy.gif

I'd go electric again if Honda had a production version of this bike.

Zero Motorcycles left a bad taste in my mouth with their bikes. There is no doubt in my mind that Honda would get it right.

Back