• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SGT at the dragon

Well, it was four of us who showed up

We did a good days ride, saw a bunch of Ferraris, avoided rain for most of the day but got hammered at the end of it. MPGandFun picked up a nail

So I did the best thing I could with it and stuck it on the tree of shame.

Overall I had a blast and I'm looking forward to next year.

NICE!!!! Good for you, guys!
SO, who is who in the picture? :) Nice to put a face to the nik...

Last edited:
I rolled in last night about 10:30 p.m. local time. It was a great trip and I enjoyed meeting & riding with 670cc, bamamate, and Frozenpoet.
I will be sure to mark the calendar for next year's SGT, to make it to #2. That tire plug kit I piked up before the trip ended up being a
good investment even though I hoped I wouldn't need to use it.

Time to update my signature map!

Sweet! Now you need to get your map updated with the new states. Where did you go after you left?

Sunday afternoon 670cc and I headed over to Cave Cove park and road the unimproved road back down to the dragon. Used the rack to take some firewood back to the camp that we gathered on the side of the road. It was wet so we only got a small fire but it was better than nothing.

More tales from the SGT:

As bamamate mentioned, we did a little excursion after parting with frozenpoet on Sunday. We charted a course back to camp through the Great Smoky Mountains NP. After a failed attempt to ride Rich Mountain Road (it's one way out of the park, but we had a blast getting to it), we proceeded into Cades Cove via the usual tourist route. After putting at 3 MPH through what I might call the Mothers Day Parade half way around Cades Cove's one lane, one way scenic loop, we broke free and reached the Parson Branch Road. But first we had to stop and visit with the black bear along the road.

100_5041cs.jpg

The Parson Branch Road was on my list to do since a failed attempt two years ago riding a GL1800 with passenger on board. Deep ruts on one uphill were too much for the half ton bike. This time I showed up with the right tool for the job.

100_5045s.jpg

bamamate and I had a great time on the dirt/gravel road, complete with a dozen or so water crossings. What's really cool is the road ends at US 129, Tail of the Dragon. With one quick left turn, you go from dirt rider to road racer. The NC handled both chores well.

100_5051s.jpg
100_5053s.jpg

Greg

Last edited:
I gotta say I enjoyed meeting the SGT folks. They are a great group of friendly, respectful guys that shared a love for riding, and more important, riding safely. I hope to see you all again at the second annual SGT, along with a few new riders, too.

Special thanks goes to frozenpoet for conceiving and organizing this event.

See ya next year!

Greg

Last edited:
After I parted from the group, I headed up I81 in Virginia.

i812.jpg

Then to West Virginia through a couple mountain tunnels, ending up at
the New River Gorge Bridge. It spans the greatest height above land/water in
the Western Hemisphere. I kept a firm grip on the bars when I crossed this baby.

bridge.jpg

A look upstream from slightly below the new bridge, showing the old bridge the new monster replaced.

gorge.jpg

And my last "tourist stop" on the way home, the Professional Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH.

fame.jpg

busts.jpg

A little more from the SGT:

Bridal Veil Falls in North Carolina.

bridal.jpg

This is a few minutes after I was lucky enough to run into the rest of the NC riders on The Dragon.

dragonlookout.jpg

Dry Falls in North Carolina.

[video=youtube;KmCfp-nopwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmCfp-nopwI[/video]

Last edited:
Finally uploaded pics from the trip. I believe if you click on the pic it will take you to flicker for the rest of them

This was on the way there. I stopped in at Jack Daniels

Back