• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sharing a room with NC?

Lots of drive-in hotels in Mexico and no one cares. I usually just throw a cover on it, leave it outdoors and call it good. Feel safer parking in Mexico than in Southern California.

[video]https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuOy5eNDUNPzgoUJC3_LpizKMUWBKA[/video]

Otherwise I park next to some nice expensive bikes with the thought they will get taken first.

Throwing a cover on it is good for deterrent. I know many who travel across many borders and the cover seems to make the bike invisible while they are away getting their paperwork processed at the borders. The older and dirtier cover the better....

Love the idea of parking next to a bunch of BMW's too.... why would they take the Honda??? LOL I love my Honda, but those BMW's are twice the cost (not twice the bike IMHO) so yeah, I'd park right next to them too! (Yes I know I'm picking on BMW since the OP didn't specify BMW but that is usually the adventure bike you'd see in this situation... I'd stay away from the KLR's though! hehe)

You could get one of those Harbor Freight motion detectors and aim the sensor towards your bike. The receiver will alarm 400' away and alert you, even if a mouse gets near it.
Wireless Driveway Alert & Driveway Alarm System

Just so you know, the sensor will pick up everything. So don't plan on any sleep if there is a lot of traffic in front of the sensor.
I have one covering the front of my house, and know when anything is snooping around. It works very well.
You could even take it camping for an electronic night watchman.

The bikes that are stolen most often are Harleys and sportbikes. No self respecting thief is going to steal a NC700X. There's no money in it, no demand for parts, and not much of a thrill compared to a 150 mph sportbike.

By make and model, the NICB shows the top 5 most-stolen models are:
Honda CBR600RR
Yamaha R6
Suzuki G-SXR 600
Harley Davidson FLH Series
Kawasaki ZX-6R

Plus I guess it's a mental thing. I've been riding a long time for a long ways in most of the states and never worry about losing anything more than a tank bag or helmet that easily walk away when left unattended. Worry adds nothing to the enjoyment of life.

Last edited:
Back