• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shoei Hornet DS Closeout

vodapas

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else will find this exciting, but I figured I'd share it. The Shoei Hornet DS has been reduced drastically in price to clear stock for the Hornet ADV that will be debuting this Spring. I went head and picked one up at Revzilla for $350 (31% off MSRP). Note: I am in no way associated with Shoei or Revzilla (I wish), just trying to spread the word on savings.

In case you've been under a rock for the last 7 years the Hornet DS is Shoei's dual-sport/adventure helmet released to fight Arai's XD-3 and later on XD-4. It is DOT and Snell 2010 compliant. Most would say the XD-4 is the superior helmet, but the common view I've found in the head to head reviews is that both are very solid helmets and it boils down to personal preference and what fits your head better.

As I said these are being cleared out to make room for the Hornet ADV which should have a few more bells and whistles and be updated with all of the creature comforts the RF-1200 and GT-Air feature. So, expect to see the price drop even more once the ADV is on the streets. But from my experience I'll warn you by that point common sizes and colors will be sold out. I'm sure the ADV will be a better all around helmet than the DS. But, I'm betting not $200+ better. Thus why I picked up the DS. Happy shopping to those like me who might of been sitting on the fence about the hornet.

I had a hornet helmet. Only problem with mine was that it had no pin lock at the time. The shield would fog in the winter months. Other than that it is a great helmet.

Back