• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Side stand foot enlarger for NC?

radiotinnitus

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone sell a foot enlarger specific for the NC side stand? I searched the forum here and found info on the tethered aluminum or plastic foot pads that you can put down if the asphalt is hot or uneven ground and then pull up when you're ready to ride. I'd rather have one of those bolt-on enlargers that stay on the side stand, but I haven't seen one yet marketed for our bike.

I have plans to make one. The 12mm rise of this one will be a help because the stand is too short to begin with. Mine needs to be even a bit taller than that because I have raised the front and rear suspension a bit. The issue is how to avoid centerstand clearance if it is made any taller. Just to make things difficult, while the sidestand is too short, the centerstand is not.

I can understand making the side stand foot larger for those hot days on blacktop, but short? I wouldn't call it short. Now the kickstand on my GS IS short. I almost never use it as it the bike looks like it's gonna fall down. Thankfully it has a good center stand.
Kickstand.jpg

A word of caution here... if this raises the lean angle on the bike while on the side stand, and you pull into a gas station so that the pump is to your left... some gas stations (many) have the pavement angled away from the pump in case of a fuel spill, which would raise the height of your kickstand even more... causing a tip over hazard.
Just something you should be aware of. I had my VFR start to fall over at a gas station because of that slope in the pavement. I caught it... but it went to the ground (SLOWLY). That was when I noticed the slope of the pavement and understood why this had happened.

smileygas.jpg

I use a metal electrical box cover, run a piece of twine through the screw holes and tie it off, make it long enough to reach the handlebars, tie a loop to hang on the end of the bars. Takes up virtually no room in the frunk and you always have it with you when you need it.

These look like a nice idea and are for a good cause, seasonal too as November 11 is not too far away. The poppy symbol might not mean much across the water - but to those of us who grew up with British military service it's a poignant reminder of lost lives.

The Royal British Legion Riders Branch

Back