• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sirius XM Antenna

Mandalorian

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm putting my Sirius radio onto my bike. My question is whether or not you can use the regular "vehicle antenna" or do I have to buy the motorcycle specific one that looks like a 4-5 inch conical tower?

Hey guys, I'm putting my Sirius radio onto my bike. My question is whether or not you can use the regular "vehicle antenna" or do I have to buy the motorcycle specific one that looks like a 4-5 inch conical tower?

I used to run XM radio (in a tank bag) on another bike years ago. I used the antenna that came with the mobile kit. You can see it in the upper right corner in the picture below. It's fairly small and magnetic. I just attached it outside the tank bag where it would stick.

MC_XMRadio.jpg

Last edited:
I used to listen to XM on my bicycle, and a little on my m/c. I had a "walkman" type, so I just put it in the tank bag when on the m/c. So, it seems to me that most any antenna type will work fine, so long as you can make it stay put and give it a good look at the sky. I've no clue of the gain figures of any of their antenna options, so I don't know whether there's a difference between them there.

For the best reception where I live..........needed the antenna out side the bag and away from things that block the signal. I placed a small metal pad on the brake master cylinder cover with double stick tape. The xm antenna magnetically sticks to the pad, I conceal and route the wire back to the tank bag. Two antenna and dock, one for each road bike allows for a quick swap.

What XM radios have bluetooth capability for MC?. I have XM in my truck and wouldn't mind having the capability when I ride. Don't qant Sirius as I understand that even though it is now one company they don't give a discount on second radio if one is Sirius and the other XM.

Back