• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So Whatcha Paying For Gas?

Fluctuates almost daily, but $4.23-ish per US gal right now for the cheapest stuff (87 R+M/2) that contains 10% ethanol

Kinda funny how they now charge a premium for regular non-ethanol gas.

Non-Ethanol Gasoline is pure gasoline it was many many years ago. You can get more mileage per gallon when compared to the Ethanol counterpart. Motorcycle perform better and any with carburetors do far better. Fuel injection motors do not care whether it has ethanol or not.

If you happen to buy the Regular Non-Ethanol fuel and need more octane. Just add an ounce or so octane booster to tank.

pACE3-4662675enh-z7.jpg

Do not put E85 into any vehicle is this not rated to handle this fuel type. E85 does have an octane rating of 100-105, however this fuel can do damage to systems that are not compatible, mostly to hoses and seals.

Fuel that contains up to 10% Ethanol can cause swelling of seals and hoses of certain types of materials used on most classic and vintage vehicles. 85% of Ethanol would cause catastrophic damages and failures. Do not risk it, even if E85 is lower in price than gasoline. If your vehicle is compatible, be advised that it will take up towards 14% more of it to get the same amount of energy when compared to a gallon of gasoline.

Let's do some math here with your figures.

1 US Gallon = 3.785 L

$1.64 X 3.758 = $6.20/gal

1 UK Gallon = 1.2 US Gallons

$6.20 X 1.2 = $7.44/gal "HOLY CRAP!!!"
A year or so ago it was over £1.30 a litre in the UK so that would have worked out to approx. $8.93/gal

Andy

What am I paying? I'm in San Francisco, California. So, if you're in the US, wherever you are, I'm paying more than you. We regularly have the highest prices in the nation. $3.60/gallon is what I saw this morning. Still cheaper than Europe, though....

Back