• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Some dealer experiences can be depressing . . .

I can tell you that customer service today, work ethic generally, is tantamount to the inmates running the asylum. Employees have an upper hand and it is not going away anytime soon. I am a laid back leader but have high standards and expect the same of those who report to me. I put an employee on final warning for lack of standards, word got out, and things really improved since then. Keep in mind that these are high paying positions; I have attorneys reporting up to me to give that context. They actually have something to lose. Parts counters, wait staff, call center employees, etc., ar a dime a dozen positions. For whatever reason, those associates are often unmotivated to perform at high levels and could care less if they work "here" or "there", as long as they collect a paycheck. This is not a wholesale indictment of the workforce but the absence of critically thinking, self-motivated, aspirational employees is becoming more commonly a faded memory.

There’s another side of the parts counter and you should hear some of the stories from that side.
Don’t get me started… :p

Around here, the fee is $6.50 CDN, charged at time of sale. We will accept tires from customers who have bought from us, but we pay a service to remove the bin full of tires for us periodically. Given the difficulty of getting it picked up when full, and our inability to find a better service, we cannot accept any tires other than those from our customers.

As for customer service, the oldest profession is not what people think it is, it’s complaining that things ain’t what they used to was.

In my area we can take the tires to the municipal recycling depot for no charge as the fee is paid at the time of purchase.

Back