• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stand to make the bike more stable at rest?

Personally, I've never had a problem with bike stability while it's parked. It's just when I'm on the damned thing that it's a problem :p

Center stand is more stable on many types of ground besides the benefits of chain maintenance and oil changes. I have a kickstand pad too. My first thought was put a cover on it. People walk right on by. I have 5 kids and they have friends. Covers can be a pain but they make it disappear. It keeps the cats off the seat too.

Amazing responses! I love you all so much.

I think I'm going to go with a cover for the bike, cheap and easy (plus I should have one anyways).

I'd also like to get a "duck foot" for my kickstand as well but searching "duck foot" isn't coming up with any results :D What can I search for and/or does anyone know of one that works well with the NC700? Old Can Ride's pic looks like a perfect one...

---------

I just wanna note that the kid and parents are both great. The parents are very responsible and the kid has never touched or climbed on the bike. This is more of a "just in case" kind of thing, not a "our kid runs wild" kind of thing!

Here is one I just ordered from Ebay so can't give you a report on the quality or fit yet, but it is a lot less expensive than the name brand ones.

Kickstand Sidestand Plate Pad for Honda NC700S x NC700 Integra CBR500R CB500F X | eBay

A bike cover, and always park your bike in first gear, never in neutral.

If kids get to the point where they are aggressively mucking with the bike enough to push it over, while under a cover, then there's not much else you could do anyway, short of a German Shepherd or an electrical fenced in compound.

Hmmm! Install one of those "Invisible" pet fences around your driveway, and require the neighbor kids to wear the shock collars. :D

More than a dog fence, it's freedom & safety - Invisible Fence® Brand

Back