• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Started recording my rides

should always record your ride. ( liability reason )
i also record all my rides. i have a dash camera on the NC, it turns on when i turn on the bike,

I'm kind of on the fence about this, to be honest.

I sure enjoy watching videos, and there have been many times where it would have been cool to be able to show someone a bizarre or unusual thing that has happened during a ride, and I'm cognizant of the potential good that may come from a recording in a he said/he said accident, etc., but...

...the other part of me really takes pleasure in the: "all alone in your spacesuit" kind of peace I get from my riding. I turn my phone off, put in earplugs, and zone out into the strict bliss of motorcycle operation that is for the most part now, a sure way of distancing myself from all other life distractions.

Did that sound a bit too zen, lol? :eek:

I don't know if I could share my ride, so to speak, without it fundamentally changing the actual ride. The motorcycle equivalent of "Observer effect", I guess, hee hee.

*ponders*

So I been using a camera for awhile now on my commutes, decided to get a microphone and start recording my voice too. https://www.youtube.com/user/DeviousMrMatt/videos

Any suggestions or feedback (good or bad) to help me improve is appreciated!

Thanks

I watched your MMR 2 Morning Ride to Work...love the 'ramblings' like McDs coffee, texting and driving, etc. You kinda put some humor in your narrative which made it fun to watch! I'm subscribed :D

Now to watch the others. Keep up the great work. I enjoyed it

Very nice...only watched 1 but will be back to see others. I have always recorded my rides but just recently plugged in a microphone to commemorate a fallen friedn who use to vlog and it got me started "vlog"ing. I subbed! (Hope you get a chance to check some of my vids out and send me feedback as well.)

I'm kind of on the fence about this, to be honest......

I appreciate where you are coming from with your statements. I can understand the alone time etc... And I still do that a lot on my rides, try to disconnect from life and the world.

My thinking on this was that since I am video recording my commutes I might as well ad audio to them. I found my self talking to myself a lot on my commutes (crazy? Yeah maybe) so I figured record that stuff, post it. What can I lose? That's all I'm doing here. Recording my thoughts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I watched your MMR 2 Morning Ride to Work...love the 'ramblings' like McDs coffee, texting and driving, etc. You kinda put some humor in your narrative which made it fun to watch! I'm subscribed :D

Now to watch the others. Keep up the great work. I enjoyed it

Awesome, thanks!

Very nice...only watched 1 but will be back to see others. I have always recorded my rides but just recently plugged in a microphone to commemorate a fallen friedn who use to vlog and it got me started "vlog"ing. I subbed! (Hope you get a chance to check some of my vids out and send me feedback as well.)

Thanks for watching. What's a link for your videos?

Here is my first "V"vlog on the NC700XD. I made it the day I bought her. Kinda long (as most of my videos seem to get) but this was an important day and lots to see and talk about.

[video=youtube_share;QNQcqukcAQE]https://youtu.be/QNQcqukcAQE[/video]

I appreciate where you are coming from with your statements. I can understand the alone time etc... And I still do that a lot on my rides, try to disconnect from life and the world.

My thinking on this was that since I am video recording my commutes I might as well ad audio to them. I found my self talking to myself a lot on my commutes (crazy? Yeah maybe) so I figured record that stuff, post it. What can I lose? That's all I'm doing here. Recording my thoughts

I forgot to add amongst my ramblings, that I really hoped what I was yacking on about, didn't come across as any kind of criticism or all negative nancy kind thing, lol :eek: :eek:

Rock on mate, and I will happily keep watching anything you post! :cool:

I don't think you're alone in the self talking thing either- "if my helmet could tell stories", lol...

Last edited:
I do it for no other reason than it is fun. I enjoy watching the videos. Hopefully with time they will get better. It's simple, if you like doing it, do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. They don't need to watch.

I would like some instruction as to how one has a microphone that records voice and not all the noise I have to wear earplugs for.
And cameras.
Helmet mount or bike mount. (like an oil thread??)
Software that is easy and quick?? No such thing for me. Even my Fuelly app does not work well and how hard is that?

I'm kind of on the fence about this, to be honest.

I sure enjoy watching videos, and there have been many times where it would have been cool to be able to show someone a bizarre or unusual thing that has happened during a ride, and I'm cognizant of the potential good that may come from a recording in a he said/he said accident, etc., but...

...the other part of me really takes pleasure in the: "all alone in your spacesuit" kind of peace I get from my riding. I turn my phone off, put in earplugs, and zone out into the strict bliss of motorcycle operation that is for the most part now, a sure way of distancing myself from all other life distractions.

Did that sound a bit too zen, lol? :eek:

I don't know if I could share my ride, so to speak, without it fundamentally changing the actual ride. The motorcycle equivalent of "Observer effect", I guess, hee hee.

*ponders*

You think like me. I ride as it gives me inner peace. It very relaxing and exciting all at the same time. The last thing I want to be doing is thinking about what I have to say in a video. That being said I do record video of my rides for liability reasons and they record without any involvement from me.

Personally I'm the quiet shy guy that likes to listen so my personality doesn't encourage video narration but for some it's a lot of fun and I can see that.

Last edited:
I would like some instruction as to how one has a microphone that records voice and not all the noise I have to wear earplugs for.
And cameras.
Software that is easy and quick?? No such thing for me. Even my Fuelly app does not work well and how hard is that?

I am using an ION Airpro 3 camera that is mounted to the side of my helmet. the microphone is a simple lavalier mic that is taped to the inside front of my helmet. I need to look into getting a little fuzzy thing or something to help with the popping noises and help with some wind.

Editing has been the biggest challenge, I am cheap and like free so I am just using Movie Maker from Microsoft, its fairly easy to use, just takes a little getting used too.

And cameras.

If you tuck your mic behind the helmet cheek pad it helps with the wind noise.

Best way I found to add voice, is to wait too you get home, add voice when developing video. No wind noise at all! Also, I have a Uclear microphone Communications sytem on the bike. Developed by the military this mic less system will remove all wind noise, but all has to be bluetooth - including video camera.

There's no way I'll be able to keep my videos that short. I like to talk[emoji12]

Hahahaha I agree...I have tried and tried to keep my videos to less than 7 minutes but couldnt do it so I decided less than 13...still have a hard time with it. I make them for me and a select few that watch every minute plus I love editing videos.

I do it for no other reason than it is fun. I enjoy watching the videos. Hopefully with time they will get better. It's simple, if you like doing it, do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. They don't need to watch.

EXACTLY! I make the videos for MY own enjoyment and a select few that I know watch every minute of them.

Back