• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stolen NC :(

the f

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

My NC700X was stolen this morning from North Yorkshire, UK. Reg No. YF13 DCX. If anybody sees, hears, or smells anything a bit suspicious please let me know.

I can only presume it will have been stolen for parts, or am I being a bit naive in thinking that without the key it wont be much use? I thought immobiliser systems these days were sophisticated enough to stop thieves getting around them

10414886_10153001866778082_2072990753594562155_n.jpg

A common method here is to hoist them into vans. One set of crooks nearby used four guys and two poles. One pole through the front wheel and one through the back with two guys on each side. They loaded the bikes into the van like they were loading a casket into a hearse. You could go into a convenience store for a pack of gum and come out a pedestrian.

Immobilizer? Only if you chained a rabid pit bull to it.

Sorry for your loss!

bastids. hope you've got good insurance .
had mine stolen (not the NC but a honda)years ago got it back but the ignition need replacing.

unfortunately the HISS imbolizer is mostly a sales gimmick. in reality they simply load the bike onto the back of a small truck or into a closed van. Then they change the ignition system or strip it for parts

May I ask the circumstances of your loss ?. I leave my bike out a lot around the Bradford area when visiting but always under a lampost where I can and ideally right outside the house I am staying (with one eye open all night ! )
I put a cover on which seems to make the bike less attractive and harder for villains to be sure what alarms are on ..I hope . Lots of cars nicked or broken into locally around there and plenty of skint youths looking for drug money .
I think the worst thieves are skanky bikers themselves looking for parts ,or putting the word out for bits they need .(anecdotally)

I am hoping this is a bad joke or a prank!!! :(

I once forgot where I parked my bike at Universal Studios nearly 20 years ago. I thought it got stolen, I had to have security help me. They were nice enough to drive me and my girlfriend, now my wife around looking for it. I was nearly in tears over the entire ordeal.

At the time I lived over 70 miles away from there. It would have been an interest evening if my bike was in fact stolen.

Back