• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Storage bin dimensions

Bubba Satori

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anybody know the dimensions of the storage bin?
I want to know what size camera bag will fit in it.
Thanks.

Does anybody know the dimensions of the storage bin?
I want to know what size camera bag will fit in it.
Thanks.

It's a bit of a complex shape, so exact dimensions would be hard to convey. But, a full face helmet fills it almost exactly. So, find a full face helmet and compare to the camera bag and that's pretty much what you've got.

Greg

Thanks. Should have figured that one out myself.
So a small camera bag with a prime and a tele lens.

Anybody been able to fit an XL modular helmet in there?
Specifically a Shoei Neotec.

For a reference....... A XXL Nolan 104 (modular) will not fit.

I was able to fit my Schuberth C3 XL modular helmet in the storage compartment. Wasn't sure it was coming back out and it was not a simple drop it in. Shuberth has a funky vent cover on top so that may have been the difference.

I can tell you as a fact that there are NO 3X helmets that will fit in there. So I keep it on my head or carry it around. I have a huge mellon, got to keep all these brains somewhere.

Showkey, how do you like the Nolan 104? How is it on wind noise at 30, 40, 50 MPH?

I have had a Nolan 102, 103 and then 104. each one is better in every way than the last. I do wear ear plugs 80% of the time and find the noise level acceptable and the 104 with out plugs is about the same as other Helmet.

I like the fit of the Nolan, as Shuberth do not fit me across the fore head and around the ears.(painful torture device ) The only other helmet I would buy in the modular is the Shoei that one fits me too. Before I switched to modular I had a Arai in Quantum XXL that very good fit but that was before they changed the fit.

I can fit it, but I refuse to put my Neotec ($) because it rubs against the inside of the storage and will scratch the helment , but the storage is great even if it doesn't fit my Neotec

FWIW, I can fit a medium small camera bag in my side bag with a prime, a 70-200 2.8 and a big full-frame body with grip. However, I unpack all of that and put it in my frunk while riding. I shutter to think (hehe...camera pun) of laying the bike down with a $7,000 camera in the equivalent of a Charles in Charge lunch box.

I shutter to think
/facepalm (LOL)
of laying the bike down with a $7,000 camera in the equivalent of a Charles in Charge lunch box.
That is a little worrisome. I'd still try my best to protect anything of value or great delicacy that you're going to transport on a bike. A lot of that comes down to risk management.

Or... don't crash, heh. If only it were that easy, right?

Back