• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Story of dissappointment

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I get an offer from a forum member(who will go un-named) for his corbin seat at what I thought was a fair price for both parties. I pay-pal him and I get the seat. Of course it arrives and there is a hole in the leather at one of the sharp corners on the seat. Its a small hole but still noticeable. I cannot know if it was boxed with this defect or if it was due to poor packaging so I e-mail this member first thanking him for sending but also providing a photo of damage and expressing dissappointment respectfully. His reply? "It wasnt damaged when I shipped and it was packed correctly sorry your on your own"......Nice right?

Any suggestions on repair other than send to Corbin?20130820_194532 (2).jpg

No suggestions on the repair, but I understand your frustration and disappointment. The response you got certainly sucks.

So, I get an offer from a forum member(who will go un-named) for his corbin seat at what I thought was a fair price for both parties. I pay-pal him and I get the seat. Of course it arrives and there is a hole in the leather at one of the sharp corners on the seat. Its a small hole but still noticeable. I cannot know if it was boxed with this defect or if it was due to poor packaging so I e-mail this member first thanking him for sending but also providing a photo of damage and expressing dissappointment respectfully. His reply? "It wasnt damaged when I shipped and it was packed correctly sorry your on your own"......Nice right?

From some stories I've read, that's about the same level of customer service you'd get straight from Corbin if you had bought the seat new :).

Greg

Wow that is just wrong.it doesn't even look like the nc seat.or could be the.pic.i would say.a shop could do it as ocr. said.sorry this happen to you.

You know, you may be able to get a refund from PayPal; at least give the seller a bad rating on PayPal so others wont be swindled by this no-name-that looks like rub damage before it was packaged.

That's the spot at the back of the front seat where the rear seat touches it. My Shad front seat developed the same scrape when I had the stock rear sear installed with it. It's small and you can't see it when the rear seat is closed, right? It's not a big deal really, but the seller should have told you about it beforehand, big deal or not. And he definitely shouldn't lie about it after the fact.

By the way - if that's the biggest problem you're having with the Corbin seat, you're doing way better than average!:rolleyes:

You guys act as if you have never traded before. The seller is reasonable for getting the item to the buyer in the condition advertised. I used to sell thousands of dollars of computer hardware on eBay. I insured every piece of equipment I shipped, if it did not arrive in the condition I shipped, I had to take responsibility, even though I was not the shipping company. This is why PayPal allows a chargeback for an item not received as advertised, it's part of their policy.

What was the "condition" advertised? Is this is a bull shitting seller? Why not be honest?
I have sold, and received, many items via the internet. This seller is just one of the scumbags out there taking advantage of trusting buyers. Lodge a complaint with PayPal, or have the seller issue a refund to cover the repairs. Protect the next buyer from getting screwed!

You guys act as if you have never traded before. The seller is reasonable for getting the item to the buyer in the condition advertised. I used to sell thousands of dollars of computer hardware on eBay. I insured every piece of equipment I shipped, if it did not arrive in the condition I shipped, I had to take responsibility, even though I was not the shipping company. This is why PayPal allows a chargeback for an item not received as advertised, it's part of their policy.

Very true! I did exactly that when a motorcycle dealer sold me a stock seat which he claimed was a Suzuki V-Strom seat. But when it arrived at my place, it wasn't, and he was a Suzuki Dealer. PayPal helped to get a complete refund for the fraudulent transaction.
Another time, a fellow rider sold me some foot pegs which were as good as new. When they arrived, they weren't!
I received a full refund via PayPal!
Don't be hesitant about complaining, the sellers hate it!
Good luck!

You know, you may be able to get a refund from PayPal; at least give the seller a bad rating on PayPal so others wont be swindled by this no-name-that looks like rub damage before it was packaged.

don't forget that this can happen to the seller.
I sold a classic grab rail to a guy in the USA, he claimed he never received it and filed a dispute to p/pal.
then he bragged on the forum how he got the grab rail for nothing not realizing I was a member on that forum to.
I called him a thief etc,he was kicked off the forum.
that is why I now have parcel signed for as proof of postage.

Doesn't look that bad, but upsetting if not expected. I can vouch for dealing with Corbin. Horrible customer service. Ordered a seat for my old Buell, which fit very poorly. They said I would have to pay for shipping back to them and pay for them to re-shape it.

Those leather repair kits aren't too easy to use, although matching the black may be relatively easy. I would suggest getting a professional to do it. Learned that the hard way when I tried to repair my Jeep's leather seat. Had a professional fix my mistake and it wasn't expensive. Go to an auto body shop and ask if they can refer someone, since they most likely contract that work out. Some are small operations that will take cash at discounted rate and no tax.

Have you ever thought of tuning this negative into a positive. Tell you wife that you have to personally return this seat to Corbin. Tell your wife that you could not get an appointment at Corbin or time off from work until next July.

Now Corbin is in Hollister, CA. The Hollister rally just happens to be the first week of July. So, first come next July you get to travel completely across the great county you live in, from Florida to California. Second, you get to visit the wonderful facilities at Corbin. And last but not least, your at the Hollister Rally.

Hollister: The Official Hollister Rally Website

Corbin: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Ride-In Service | 800-538-7035

Oh, yes forgot to mention. If you really have to know! There is a Corbin Florida by Dayton: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Florida Showroom | 800-538-7035

A two hour ride to Dayton, wouldn't be a bad day either !

Daytona.jpg

The choice is yours!9.jpg

SmileyNews.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
don't forget that this can happen to the seller.
I sold a classic grab rail to a guy in the USA, he claimed he never received it and filed a dispute to p/pal.
then he bragged on the forum how he got the grab rail for nothing not realizing I was a member on that forum to.
I called him a thief etc,he was kicked off the forum.
that is why I now have parcel signed for as proof of postage.

You as the buyer need to figure out what you’re comfortable with. I just ordered a back rest from the guy I quoted above. It came all the way from the UK. When it showed up the pad he attached to it was almost bent in two, and the rack is bent bad enough that it not centered at all and hangs off to the left side of the bike. Now I can tell it was damaged in shipping coming all the way from the UK because the rest of the thing has superior craftsman ship. The paint job is amazing (I'm guessing power coat) and the welds etc. are all done very professionally. It's very obvious this was no fault of the seller. So I had to make a decision, it work for me the way I needed too, I attached my own replacement pad to it, and my wife now feels comfortable with me taking my daughter for a ride. It's not worth my time to try sending it back get a new one. You as the buyer also need to decide if the hassle of a chargeback etc. is really worth your time, when you could otherwise be riding.

This could be a prime example of why the mods should institute a trader rating system in the forum, gives the board a sense of the good and bad traders on this forum.

Guys, thanks for all the replies. The condition indicated in messages and phone conversations was that it was perfect in like-new condition with maybe 200 miles on it. BTW, the hole is in fact visible with the rear seat latched. Pisses me off. Its a kind of sharp edge of the seat that seems to have rubbed through. I did Sharpie it to make it a little more inconspicuous.

You know, I aught to file a pay-pal complaint just for the point.

Last edited:
Did the Pay-pal dispute and the seller offered a $50 refund for repair. I'm satisfied its behind me....I'll find a leather repair shop and have it fixed.

Back