• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Strattuner and the 50cc: Updates

Love the details ... you have thought of just about everything ... have a great ride. If you have access to the BMW/Wing Gold Book take it for emergency help along the way .... It help me one time I needed. If I was home I'd be looking for you with extra gas and water maybe others might do the same .... This is a great ride and you are the Man doing it.

6:02 am Pacific time, Strattuner just pulled away from our curb. It should take him about an hour to get to the ocean and the gas station where he will start the challenge. Keep a good thought, guys!
---Mrs. Strattuner

6:02 am Pacific time, Strattuner just pulled away from our curb. It should take him about an hour to get to the ocean and the gas station where he will start the challenge. Keep a good thought, guys!
---Mrs. Strattuner
Thanks for the update and Godspeed him on the journey. There will be a friendly face greeting him on his arrival here in the East Coast.

StratTuner just called (1:10 Pacific time) to say that he is in beautiful Gila Bend AZ, oiling his chain and getting gas. It is about 100 degrees, and he has switched to his mesh coat. All is well.
Mrs. StratTuner

5:10 pm Pacific Time: StratTuner just called from near Lordsburg to say he got drenched in a thunderstorm near Tucson. He changed out of his wet mesh coat under an underpass. He was getting some dinner, but is worried that he is behind schedule. He will check in again before I go to bed, he says.
Mrs. StratTuner

9:07 PM Pacific time: StratTuner is in El Paso TX. People are still shooting off fireworks there. He is thinking of sleeping when it gets to be midnight, even if he has not made it to San Antonio. He is feeling good right now, but he knows he fades when riding in the dark.
--Mrs. StratTuner

Almost 9 am Pacific time, and no news from StratTuner. Maybe he is sleeping somewhere in Texas. Thanks to all of you who are following his progress and sending good thoughts his way.
---Mrs. StratTuner

Almost 9 am Pacific time, and no news from StratTuner. Maybe he is sleeping somewhere in Texas. Thanks to all of you who are following his progress and sending good thoughts his way.
---Mrs. StratTuner
Yes, thinking of him and wondering with 21:30 left.

At about noon, Pacific time, StratTuner called to say he had slept 5 hours and was gassing up somewhere past San Antonio. He is feeling good and enjoying the huge, blue Texas sky. He had 1100 miles still to go to get to Jacksonville FLA. He thinks he has been taking his stops too leisurely, so now he is treating them like pit-stops at NASCAR. Keep up the good thoughts/prayers :)
---Mrs. StratTuner

On I-10 east of San Antonio, there is a two-late stretch that gets heavey traffic sometimes... like today.

Me and my NC crawled along for just about three hours in sub-20mph traffic.

I watched the ETA for the 50cc window close on that stretch of road.

there was simply no way I could cover the remaining miles, with gas stops, and arrive at Jacksonville pier befor 9:51 AM Monday morning.... even if I went all night, straight through, which is what I was planning to do anyway.

The West to East attempt is Dead.... but ...

I'm close to Jacksonville (900 miles), and I could finish the crossing and start the 50cc again ... this time from East to west!

Hmm.... this will take an evening of google maps.
I feel like just crawling home from here. I'm way over budget, but that's life.

On I-10 east of San Antonio, there is a two-late stretch that gets heavey traffic sometimes... like today.

there was simply no way I could cover the remaining miles, with gas stops, and arrive at Jacksonville pier befor 9:51 AM Monday morning.... even if I went all night, straight through, which is what I was planning to do anyway.

I'm close to Jacksonville (900 miles), and I could finish the crossing and start the 50cc again ... this time from East to west!

Oh bummer. I got the 18:03 update as I met my daughter and her husband for dinner. In the back of my mind I did the math and figured it would be close but doable. I just checked the thread to see this. I admire your effort and spirit! I hope to see you in my town tomorrow evening!

Very sorry but finish it anyway just to see how close you get ..... Return trip maybe .... I know too late and not much help ... Come back and maybe some of us can ride along and keep your sprits up .... You are still the Man!

Back