• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Successfully installed Honda OEM centerstand

AP1

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm super proud to say I installed the Honda OEM centerstand on my NC700X DCT today. In general, it went very well. It took me about an hour. It wasn't simple, but I got it done and it works great.

A few highlights:
* The instructions were mostly clear and easy to follow. One confusing part was about greasing the centerstand shaft. The illustration differs from what the actual shaft looks like, but it shows greasing the whole thing. That's what I did.

* The most difficult part was attaching the spring assembly. I expected that from other videos and write-ups about installing the centerstand. Still, it was very challenging. I knew the spring was super tight, so I didn't even try stretching it into position. Although, I saw a video of someone who used a rachet-style tie down and a loop of strong string/rope to stretch the spring and connect it. That was very clever.

I went with the alternate instructions, to get the spring into position on both mounts before inserting the shaft. Attach the spring to both mounts, then insert the shaft a little ways into the center stand, then manipulate and push the center stand (flexing the spring) to get the shaft to line up with the remaining center stand mounting hole, and then push the shaft all the way in. You need two people to do this. One person on the kickstand side of the bike, pushing the shaft in and another person on the opposite side to manipulate the center stand. The shaft is really difficult to push in while the center stand is being manipulated. My wife ended up pushing the shaft with her foot once I had the center stand lined up. The good news is that it worked!

* The instructions don't explicitly say to reinstall the muffler nuts and bolts, but that's pretty easy to figure out.

In the end, I felt really proud of doing the job myself. I immediately used the centerstand to secure the bike while I lubed the chain. Much easier then when it's on the kickstand. Yee-haw!

Success!

Half the fun of riding is doing your own wrenching. BTW....... If you ever have to do it again, the stand can be installed w/o removing the can and pipe. :)

Half the fun of riding is doing your own wrenching. BTW....... If you ever have to do it again, the stand can be installed w/o removing the can and pipe. :)

Thanks! The good news about the can and pipe is that I just removed the two recommended bolts, I didn't actually remove the can and pipe. Removing the bolts loosens things just enough to install the spring hook bolt a little easier. I was able to pull the pipe out slightly to fit the bolt in with a little more clearance. I can imagine you could do it without removing the bolts, but it was pretty tight clearance for sure.

I did mine this weekend as well. I used the ratchet tie-down method that I had seen on the YouTube. It feels good to do something yourself. It feels REALLY good not having to pay the dealership to install something so simple. I will say that I had no need for a rubber mallet. The rod slid right in.

I did mine recently as well. +1 for the instructions being clear. As others have said it's super easy with the exception of the springs. I tried pulling the springs, but could only get one on. Tried the "alternate" method but it was getting dark and I couldn't see well enough to line up the pin and the hole, and Mrs Thagmorian has no patience for helping when I'm frustrated. So in the end I too used a ratchet strap just like in the video. Well maybe not just like in the video. In the vid the guy uses a somewhat large strap and its tied around the swing arm. I used the tiniest ratchet strap I had. I think it's rated for 500 pounds and has rubber coated hooks I just hooked it around the axle adjuster threaded shaft doo-hickey. Took 5 minutes. Definitely recommend using a little ratchet strap. Should have just started with that.

Always good to do things yourself...I dont mind tackling Brush Guards, Windscreens, and other easy stuff but I was super scared to install some Adjustable Lowering Links on my NC700XD. After some "YouTube'ing" - I did it and it was fulfilling to do myself. Congrats on your CenterStand Install!

The only problem with this may be the shipping charges?

Sub total before Shipping Charges9,000 yen
( 72.54 USD )
Shipping Charges (United States 1.4pts ) 3,200 yen
( 25.79 USD )
If you add 41,000 yen or more. Shipping Charges will be Free.
Total Cost12,200 yen
* Estimated total cost in your currency. ( 98.33 USD )

Last edited:
who has the best price on the centerstand nowadays?

To be honest, I looked at as many online Honda OEM parts stores as I could find (see below). The prices ranged from about $132-$160 (USD). The suggested retail price is $149. I also discovered the shipping charges from these online stores were more expensive than I expected, in the $20 range. In the end, I bought mine from my local Honda dealer. Even though I had to pay sales tax, the total price was not that much more than the online stores.

For reference, here are the online stores I checked:
  • Honda Parts Direct
  • Honda Parts House - Babbitt's Online
  • Partsfish dot com - Dillon Brothers MotorSports
  • Power Parts Plus - Del Rio Powersports
  • Service Honda
  • Western Honda
  • Cheap Cycle Parts

Abbo

Back