• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Super sprox experience

timber207

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to order a set of stealth sprockets from these guys supersproxusa.com anybody have any experience?
They are light as aluminum but more durable than steal , claim a kit will last 20,000 miles.

Never seen them before now. Looks good - but I didn't check the price.
I have 17,476 miles on my original sprockets and they still look good.

I'm going to order a set of stealth sprockets from these guys supersproxusa.com anybody have any experience?
They are light as aluminum but more durable than steal , claim a kit will last 20,000 miles.

As a reference point, I think some of our members run two chains to one steel sprocket set, or roughly 28,000-30,000 miles per set. So, I don't think the claim of 20,000 miles is anything special.

Yes, I was at 28-ish thousand miles when I changed my factory sprockets. Laying the new and old sprockets on top of one another, it was very difficult to see a significant difference in the tooth profiles.

The light weight would be of at least some level interest to me on the rear where it is unsprung.

They do have a (convoluted) lifetime warranty.

I got tired just trying to read it.....but then, I'm easily confused....

I'm new to chain drives so I apologize if this is a stupid question but what advantage does a lighter weight sprocket give you?

Same advantage as a lighter flywheel or lighter rims. Less rolling resistance I think is what it's called.

I'm new to chain drives so I apologize if this is a stupid question but what advantage does a lighter weight sprocket give you?

It absorbs (wastes, one might say) a very, very small amount less power if you have lighter weight sprockets, because it lowers the inertia of the drivetrain. This translates to quicker acceleration. Whether there's enough potential difference to be able to notice it on a bike like ours is debatable. Also, lightening the rear sprocket reduces un-sprung weight, which is of benefit to the rear suspension.

I was in a shop getting my oil for an oil change last week, and was shown some intriguing parts on a motorcycle brought in for some work. The bike was in beautiful condition, an older CBR600F4i with pretty low mileage.

But the bizarre thing was, the owner complained of trouble accelerating from a stop, and he thought it needed new rear brake pads.

The "trouble accelerating" part, was an aluminum rear sprocket, that had no teeth left on it. Literally, all the teeth were worn off, and the outer edge was virtually smooth!

The "maybe needs new pads" part was...no rear master cylinder or brake line going to the caliper. They were both completely missing! How do you not notice stuff like that? :eek: :rolleyes:

The sprocket sure was light. (even lighter, with no teeth left, hee hee)

For street use, I still am skeptical of anything other than a plain old tried and true steel sprocket. (and would for sure not use the aluminum jobbies) Straying away from this formula sounds a bit too "no free lunch" but one never knows.

I'll probably google these Super sprox things just to see what they are all about. I have seen some types that have an aluminum centre section, bolted to a steel outer tooth edge. They might be ok, but dunno honestly.

I'll probably google these Super sprox things just to see what they are all about. I have seen some types that have an aluminum centre section, bolted to a steel outer tooth edge. They might be ok, but dunno honestly.
What you are describing is what a SuperSprox is suppose to be. Outer steel toothed ring attached to an aluminum center.
As good as all steel, just more expen$ive!

I should clarify: I have a SuperSprox front sprocket on my NCX right now. While the rear is (?) a hybrid like Pismo says, the front is a plain steel sprocket. The factory Honda sprocket looks every bit as light, maybe lighter, based on the number & size of holes drilled, etc. The rear was not available at the time I ordered, which was the one I might have had an interest in. Oh, well.

Back