• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Swing arm end caps

Could these be used to attach a trailer hitch, like what Nortwestrider did with his home made trailer.

I contacted MaddTraxx and got this reply:
"Since these were designed specifically for an upward force using standard jack spools, there would be no guarantees or warranties on it. With that said, they would be plenty strong enough for the intended purpose. Keep in mind, all the competitors products are cast aluminum, where ours are machined from a solid chunk. This creates an inherently stronger part. As long as the products was mounted properly, and the axle adjuster was properly tight, you should not have an issue pulling a light load. Periodic checks on the mount would be advised. A steel hinge plate mounted to both M8 bolt holes would be the best way to hook up a trailer."

I then contacted Moto-Mule and got this response (so far):
"I had not yet seen those swing arm brackets, thank you! I'm trying to shy away from that mounting style as people fear it. I've not had any failures with the older KLR mount, but people are just leery of it."

So at least with the Moto-Mule KLR mount a bunch of worrywarts think the world will spin backwards but at least to this point there have been no failures. And MaddTraxx thinks their mount will be sturdy enough.

I have sent the NC700X swing arm dimensions to Moto-Mule and they will check their KLR mount for a possible fit.

Charles

Back