• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tail bag on rear seat?

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
I have looked and it seems a few folks have experimented with a tail bag on the rear seat. Is there a way to attach it that won’t interfere with opening the rear seat?

I have a freakishly large (90L) SW Motech tail bag. I can cross-strap it to the pillion seat, and it just tilts back with the seat when I pop it open.
That’s kind of what I’m looking for. Something that will attach to the seat and come up when I pop the tank. Sounds like it might work

That’s kind of what I’m looking for. Something that will attach to the seat and come up when I pop the tank. Sounds like it might work
It’s not designed that way, I just fiddled with the mounting straps until it worked. I think if I ever have it really full, I’ll add a couple of straps to steady the sides, and just disconnect those to flip it back.

90L IS freakishly huge for a tail bag lol. I think mine is about half that and it seems huge to me
Oh, it is massive. I bought it because it was on clearance (under $100, I can’t pass up a bargain). You should have seen it on my CBR300R! I’m thinking about taking a pair of llamas with me next time I take a trip…

Why don't you hang a couple nice bags off the grab bars, that's what I had on my Z 900 Kawi I sold lately. I kept the bags and might just strap them on.
I have hard bags on currently and would like to slim down the look. I likely will be removing them soon anyway

I replace the pillion with a flat panel that has a hole cut out to refill without opening the seat. It takes about 5 minutes tops to switch between them.

One other way is to modify the stock seat by cutting out a semicircle out of the seat bottom and foam above the gas cap and re-stapling the cover down around the "gas hole." It makes a fill access that is unobtrusive and the seat can still be used for a passenger or for strapping luggage across it. A few members of this forum did that modification.

I did make a flat wood platform with a gas hole before scoring a Dale's Rack purpose made rack.

Back