• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tank grip pads

gharshman

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
TechSpec has released tank grip pads specific to the NC. Just ordered mine.

Honda NC 700 Snake Skin Tank Grip Pads

They have three material types. Snake skin is the thickest. I've used them on all of my bikes in the last few years. Great product.

62-2013-ss_hon_nc_700_pic_3_2.jpg

I have that on the Gold Wing, but I wanted to be able to see ALL of the red on the NC so I got the film and I'm happy with it;

Here is the link:

Search -

I too am a fan of tech spec. I've had the "high fusion" model on my track bike in the past. Its very thin but grippy. I found it to last longer than the other textures before starting to wear away like the sole of a shoe. Highly recommend

Last edited:
Just an observation but if people are looking for grip pads so that they can handle their bike in the twisties in the way it's meant to be done, then much of the knee grip force will miss those pads shown in the picture. I bought some Stompgrip pads and their NC 700/750X kit includes extra pieces that fit on the topmost triangle of the black plastic bit shown in the picture. They are expensive but they work really well
Mike

Could you please post a picture of this? I'm not sure what you mean.

Just an observation but if people are looking for grip pads so that they can handle their bike in the twisties in the way it's meant to be done, then much of the knee grip force will miss those pads shown in the picture. I bought some Stompgrip pads and their NC 700/750X kit includes extra pieces that fit on the topmost triangle of the black plastic bit shown in the picture. They are expensive but they work really well
Mike

Just an observation but if people are looking for grip pads so that they can handle their bike in the twisties in the way it's meant to be done,

All this time I thought it was just me being scared when I hit a curve going too fast (for me). I thought it was just my butt reaction.

TechSpec has released tank grip pads specific to the NC. Just ordered mine.

Honda NC 700 Snake Skin Tank Grip Pads

They have three material types. Snake skin is the thickest. I've used them on all of my bikes in the last few years. Great product.

62-2013-ss_hon_nc_700_pic_3_2.jpg

In answer to the question above, no I don't have a pic of mine in situ, but you can see what the surface texture is like by doing a search for Stompgrip. In the picture above there is a small round logo on Gharshman's knee grip pad. About 1 inch below that there is the top corner of Honda's black plastic panel. The Stompgrip provide a smallish triangular piece of their stuff cut to fit that top corner of the black plastic panel - just above the vent hole - it's only about 3 inches by 3 inches but it's in a better place for the average knee, than anything fitted to the red plastic area. (IMHO)
Mike

Curious - how hard is it to remove this stuff after it becomes worn out looking? Never had any on my bikes before.

I've always used the snake skin material, and never had a set start to look worn out. When I clean my bike, I'll spray the grip pads with a little Mother's VLR, wipe it off, and they'll stay looking new for years and years.

If you decide to remove them anyway, they require some effort to pull off (great adhesion), but there is not much glue remaining on the bike when you do pull them off. A little spritz of 3M Adhesive Remover will clean off the remaining glue.

Last edited:
Back