• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Africa Twin is Back: CRF1000L Africa Twin Confirmed for 2015

The Super ten is not really that bad and imho carries its weight well. If you ever get the opportunity to throw a leg over a Triumph Explorer and try to right it, then you will find out what really heavy is. I did the same with a ST and expecting it to be top heavy like my Triumph I got quite a surprise as to how easy it was.

Tempting as the AT is, I have decided to keep my little 700 and completely refurbish the suspension. Imho when that is done, it will be a better all rounder than the AT and for me, much easier to manhandle.

Yikes, having had to help dig out a Super Ten buried up to the gunnels in soft sand (which my F800ST had no difficulty in crossing, which was puzzling, and much to the chagrin of my buddy, lol) I shudder to think of a heavier feeling beastie :eek:

Having a 270 crank parallel twin on both the AT and the Yammy lends itself to a slight kindred feel to our NC's as well, heh heh

I would be careful and sensitive with what your source shares with you and what you disclose to the general public. Both of you can get in trouble and have Honda pursue after you both with an army of attorneys. The risk of be sued into a "Poor House" is not an attractive thing to me.

That's my advise to you... :eek:

I don't worry about that. But I won't tell any more rumours either.

AT is about the same weight as the NC is, the difference here in EU, is that Honda tells its customers full wet weight of the bike (full tank of fuel etc) and others (like KTM) tell what ever they want. I have a KTM brochure and it says there: "Ready to race (except fuel) weight: 217kg". And sitting on the bike, it felt a lot lighter than KTM and about the same as NC. However I would take the AT where I didn't take NC.

AT is about the same weight as the NC is. And sitting on the bike, it felt a lot lighter than KTM and about the same as NC.

I just checked. My NC is spec'd at 481lbs in my handbook. I see the AT is at 503lbs. That very much ties in with your experiences. Interesting.........

Hi guys, if I've understood correctly the AT will be available in 4 colours in Europe. One of those colours is black. My question is whether someone has seen it will be a matt black (I've seen one in a youtube vid from EICMA last week), or a normal black (which can be seen in the pictures that have been online the past 5/6 months)?

Someone knows?

Thanks! :)

PS: The matt black one is gorgeous!

Hi guys, if I've understood correctly the AT will be available in 4 colours in Europe. One of those colours is black. My question is whether someone has seen it will be a matt black (I've seen one in a youtube vid from EICMA last week), or a normal black (which can be seen in the pictures that have been online the past 5/6 months)?

Someone knows?

Thanks! :)

PS: The matt black one is gorgeous!
Hi edwinvb, don't know for Spain, but here in Canada (according with the honda.ca website) it is matte black ...don't know how much longer I will resist the temptation...
P.S. : pic is linked from Honda.ca Official Website of Honda Canada Inc.

africa_twin_13032_1071matte_black_metallic_front.png

Yeah!! I just checked the Canadian site, and when I checked on the matte black version it says below "European DCt version showed".

Thanks!!

edit: ow FCK, I now see the black version which is showed is not the matte black I've seen on YouTube, it is the regular black one. Maybe Europe gets the normal black one, and Canada gets the beautiful matte black one. [emoji21]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It is also specified on the Canadian site that the black version is available with the MANUAL TRANSMISSION only... but...you have and we don't, the tricolor;
12.jpg

That remind me my old CBX550F 1983 color scheme:
CBX550F.jpg

Does seem that Canada and USA will not get the DCT in black. USA will not get any color except Dakar and Silver, but manual and DCT in both. I should not be wanting this motorcycle as it is too tall for me, but for some reason I just like it. Wonder if the shoe cobbler can add 3 inches to the soles of my boots. Tour Tech is offering a lowered seat, but who will offer a 3 inch lowering kit?

I only got my bike 3 weeks ago and barely managed to get my learners and 300 km in before the snow flew, is it too early to start drooling over other bikes? Maybe if I stumble upon one in the used market in a few years...

It's interesting how Canada and the states are getting slightly different models. I never really understood that, except for the emissions stuff.

Last edited:
Does seem that Canada and USA will not get the DCT in black. USA will not get any color except Dakar and Silver, but manual and DCT in both. I should not be wanting this motorcycle as it is too tall for me, but for some reason I just like it. Wonder if the shoe cobbler can add 3 inches to the soles of my boots. Tour Tech is offering a lowered seat, but who will offer a 3 inch lowering kit?
High heels - biker style.

CALTO - G6252- 3.3 Inches Taller - Height Increasing Elevator Shoes (Zipper High Top Biker Boot) | Amazon.com

Really interested in this bike and would likely trade the NC for one, but no cruise and no tricolor spoils it for me. Also would hate to lose the frunk, but all of the other gains would help make up for it. Glad to see the accessory to shift the DCT manually by foot. If I'm going to trade in the NC, though, it has to be EXACTLY what I want, not almost what I want. I expect there to be a robust aftermarket for the Africa Twin which will address cruise control (Rostra maybe) and auxiliary fuel capacity. At this point, I will keep an eye on reviews especially after the release date and wait for the tricolor to appear. Failing that, maybe I will pick up a lightly used one in a few years for a significant price reduction.

What is clear is that the AT and the NC are like chalk and cheese. The NC is a commuter bike with Adventure styling. It has very basic suspension,standard road wheels and a scooter chassis. The fact that people use it offroad is probably something that Honda never envisaged. However, as an offroad tool it would not be in the same league as the AT, even in expert hands.

The AT on the other hand is a sophisticated Trail bike aimed squarely at BMW's Gs and KTM's large traillies (3 of them). It has a 21 inch front wheel with frame geometry and sophisticated suspension which is genuinely designed to handle all conditions. I suppose folks should bear that in mind if they purchased the NC as their sole motorcycle, together with the reasons why they purchased it.

Like everyone else I was very much taken with the idea of the AT as the day of its introduction came closer. It is clearly a very fine motorcycle. However when I considered why I purchased my NC in the first place (fuel economy, long stroke motor and general runabout) it was clear to me that I did not need an Africa Twin. Just some thoughts.

High heels - biker style.

Thanks Dave, but I already have 1 1/2" heel and 1" sole put on by a cobbler on my Gaerne Adventure boots. When you add the extra 1/2 inch sole, the heels must be sewed in place, as glue will not hold. This has really helped and sure added to my confidence on the NC7. Now with my bad knees, it does not hurt as much getting on and off the NC7.

But, I am still 1/2" short for the lower seat position for the Africa Twin. I read somewhere that Honda will be selling a lowering kit for the Africa Twin, but I do not like changing the suspension. Also, that Tour Tech will be offering a lower seat, but you do lose a comfort factor. The boot cobbler says he could add another 1/4" to my boots, but that will look a little funny. So, if I was to purchase a Africa Twin, I would have to some how figure out that extra 1/2 inch.

boot 001.jpg

Last edited:
What is clear is that the AT and the NC are like chalk and cheese. The NC is a commuter bike with Adventure styling. It has very basic suspension,standard road wheels and a scooter chassis. The fact that people use it offroad is probably something that Honda never envisaged. However, as an offroad tool it would not be in the same league as the AT, even in expert hands.

The AT on the other hand is a sophisticated Trail bike aimed squarely at BMW's Gs and KTM's large traillies (3 of them). It has a 21 inch front wheel with frame geometry and sophisticated suspension which is genuinely designed to handle all conditions. I suppose folks should bear that in mind if they purchased the NC as their sole motorcycle, together with the reasons why they purchased it.

Like everyone else I was very much taken with the idea of the AT as the day of its introduction came closer. It is clearly a very fine motorcycle. However when I considered why I purchased my NC in the first place (fuel economy, long stroke motor and general runabout) it was clear to me that I did not need an Africa Twin. Just some thoughts.
Scooter chassis?

Scooter chassis?

How about "scooter friendly" chassis? That's how I see it, really. Not as a scooter platform with a motorcycle designed around it, but a motorcycle platform with a nod given towards a scooter-like bodywork model.

For the record, I do not view the Acura NC700 model as a scooter. I don't care how many people tell me otherwise, it's a motorcycle with weird bodywork somewhat resembling a scooter. :eek:

Honda will offere lower seat, standard seat and high seat for AT. Lower is 830 (If I remember correctly, might have been 820), standard will be 850-870 and high 900mm.
Also, Hebco&Becker will offer their luggage with Honda logo and it can be bough from dealers, not H&B.
And I freakin love this bike, I got a chance to sit on it before it was even showed to public :D

Back