• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Bike is Complete .... A big THANK YOU to this group!

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have seen my many questions, tests and results over the past 4 months as I took a bone stock 2014 NC700X DCT and transformed it to my version of an Mini-ST1100 Sport Touring machine. I knew what I wanted and I also knew what I couldn't have anymore (a 900lb, 100hp sport touring rocket). I am quite happy with the results and am posting this final coming out photo in appreciation for all the great advice I received from you fellow members, the offers to try farkles you had laying around and the general encouragement I got as I progressed through the transformation.

This bike will never go off-road, so the focus was comfort, travel/touring support and of course, it still needs to look and sound cool (you never grow out of that!)! Farkle highlights are, starting from the front... Fender extender, Madstad 20 Light Grey Screen with winglets, X-creen Tourer Spoiler Blade, Givi Handguards, Garmin GPS and mount, Battery Tender pigtail, OEM Centerstand, Corbin Seats (front and rear), OEM saddle bags with mounts and a rear rack, Rear Tire Hugger, Yoshimura R77 slip on and Vololights.

I am now stepping back and will just enjoy riding, reading posts here and helping out where I can and admiring my handywork!

Thanks again - couldn't have done this without you!

Don

DSCN1939.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome stuff :D

Always great to hear someone happy with their machine, no matter what it is or what it does, really :cool:

How do you like that Corbin seat? I thinking about a seat replacement and I'm anxious to get other people's thoughts on the subject.

How do you like that Corbin seat? I thinking about a seat replacement and I'm anxious to get other people's thoughts on the subject.

Best of them all as long as you are willing to invest in the 1000 mile break in. Most give up too early. This is the forth one I have had in the last 20 years and only one needed an additional adjustment. If you find one for sale used, grab it. otherwise, if you can afford the best, buy it new!

I have no issue paying for a new one.

I noticed the red trim on yours, did you order it custom? I saw all of the options on their web site.

Since you have experience with them, I would very much like to discuss this further with you if it's not too much bother?

VERY Nice! Add a crash bar and a set of highway pegs and your farkeling will be over. For now ;-)

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I looked at the pic. Those Highway pegs make long rides SOOOO much more comfortable... and the engine guards are a great investment in protecting that engine. You have a very nice setup, nice look as well..

Well done! Good set up for sure but yeah, I agree with the others. It won't be long before you think of the next add-on that you "need". Cell phone mount is what I'm looking for right now ;)

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I looked at the pic. Those Highway pegs make long rides SOOOO much more comfortable... and the engine guards are a great investment in protecting that engine. You have a very nice setup, nice look as well..

I am think maybe of adding the engine guard, but don't like the looks of any I have seen - plus, with the bulky side bags, I am not sure the bars would do much.

Back