• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

This is where you can stick your EZ-Pass!

b_rubenstein

Reaction score
Visit site
Mounting an EZ-Pass, or Sun-Pass on a motorcycle, unless you have a Madstad Windshield, or one with similar brackets:

EZ_Pass.jpg

Sun_Pass.jpg

Bracket.jpg

The pass bracket has to be plastic so it doesn't block radio waves. I used a piece of 1/8" thick x 2" wide x ~ 7" long piece of plexiglass. It's mounted to the Madstad bracket with 6-32 SS screws, nylon washer under the screw head and Nylok nut. I used Scotch Extreme Fastener strips on the bracket and the Sun Pass (after removing the suction cups). I used a propane torch to heat the plexiglass (which explains the small bubbles).

Below is a template/jig for the bracket. The forward facing side of the bracket should fit inside the template. Madstad uses a pretty hard aluminum alloy for their brackets, so use a sharp drill bit.

Template.jpg

Yikes! That is the largest EZ-Pass I've ever seen. Mine is about 1/2 the size and simply velcroed to the top of the dash or I leave it in the front pocket of my jacket.

Never surprised by the ingenuity of the folks on this forum. Wonderful idea and excellent execution. Thanks for sharing

Yikes! That is the largest EZ-Pass I've ever seen. Mine is about 1/2 the size and simply velcroed to the top of the dash or I leave it in the front pocket of my jacket.

We had the same larger box until last year and after a couple of failed readings (internal battery they said) they sent out a replacement which was the newer small unit, like you said - about half the size.

Still it's a great idea and well implemented!

What's an EZ-pass? I assume something for toll roads or bridges.
Correct. Many states use them, including Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and West Virginia. It can make travel in those states much easier (dedicated toll lanes), especially during times of high traffic volume. I also have a SunPass for Florida.

I got the I-PAss (same thing for Illinois, and you can use the Ipass anywhere that accepts the ez-pass very handy when I drove out east years ago)

Old model was just like the big one in the photo, I had to "replace" it when I couldn't get into the account any more... (they wanted a driver's license number, which changed, or a credit card number, which changed. Fixed now though, they just sent me a password reset email so I have two on two different accounts... one big one small.)
New one is half the size...

My dad had one when they first came out.... that thing was probably 2-3 times the size of the big one in the photo above... had a screen on it that flashed the toll amount and funds remaining when you went through a toll, and a button that would show funds remaining any other time...

Here in MN our only tolls are so that you can drive in the carpool lane when not car pooling... since the motorcycle is always allowed in the carpool lane no need to ever put one of those on the bike.

Last edited:
Correct. Many states use them, including Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and West Virginia. It can make travel in those states much easier (dedicated toll lanes), especially during times of high traffic volume. I also have a SunPass for Florida.

You can add texas to that list.

I lived in NYC for just about 61 years. Four of the five boroughs are, or part of islands. To directly drive to any part of America, West of the Hudson, has a toll bridge, or tunnel. To discourage people from trying to pay with money, the number of cash lanes are very limited and slow; like 45 min slow. People who only cross the border to go in/out of America once or twice a year get an easy pass.

Back