• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thought I would share this....

berryw

Reaction score
Visit site
I posted this as my status on facebook and everyone got a kick out of it, so I figured I would share here too.

I recently bought my wife her first motorcycle. Its a 79 Honda CM400A. I taught her how to ride on a XR70 about 3 or 4 years ago with intentions of getting into it then, but we never found a bike that her and I could agree that she needed. Anyway, here was my post after our first ride around the neighborhood:

So I finally took Becky out for a ride on our motorcycles on the street last night. When we got back, she said, "That was soo much fun. I can't even get mad at you when you want to take off on your bike and go for a ride. I totally understand now." and then she says, "I get why you are always in such a good mood when you get back from a ride. Even if you are in a bad mood when you take off, you get back you are happy. I get it!" How awesome is that???

Another story I left off of facebook, one day a week or two ago I was getting geared up to ride to work, gloves, jacket, helmet, and glasses (sunglasses under the helmet), and she made some comment about that being a lot of work just to ride to work, I just smiled and said, "it's worth it", and took off. So tonight when we got back from another ride, she pulls off her helmet and gloves, and I said see..... It's worth it. She now agrees! :D

The phrase, "one small step for man one giant leap for man kind" comes to mind. Good for the both of you. My motorcycle journey with my wife started when I stopped to visit my friend on the way home from work. I called my wife to let her know I would be a little late, I was stopping at the bike shop to say hi to James. Long story short, I left the bike shop with a brand new GSXR-750 in the back of the truck. I will never forget that phone call, or the look I got when I backed in the drive. That was 9 years ago and it is still a staple of conversation during dinner at Thanksgiving. I unloaded it, not saying a word back as she unleashed her full fury on me. I handed her a riding jacket and full face helmet and told her to get on. I took the scenic beach route and by the time we got home things were not quite as bad. She had seen the light. Luckily she really liked it and still rides with me today. By the way she likes the NC, not as much as my ST1300, but way more than that Suzuki.

Back