• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thoughts on clipping someone's mirror?

If I had combined machine guns at the front of my bike there would be no 'clipped-the-mirror' issues.

I am - afterall - a Wookie. :cool:

It's a question of Morals.
If the guy was driving a souped up Ferrari, then I just shrug and ride off. :p

If it was an old lady driving an old Fiat, I'd stop and pay her.
:p
I am afterall, human.

That is not a question of morals but questionable morality, which is the worst of all morality because it can be used to justify nearly any action so long as "morality" is invoked. Someone for instance can say my "morals" tell me to kick a Ferrari driver in the nuts because he's a rich businessman who takes advantage of the poor to get ahead and then flaunts his wealth. Am I justified then to kick anyone who drives a Ferrari in the nuts because I feel it's my moral obligation to? Or is it wrong simply to kick a guy in the nuts?

Instead think of it purely ethically and don't involve feelings of "morality". If you do something wrong what does it matter who on the other end is receiving your wrong doing? If there's an old retiree you pay, Ferrari guy you don't, what about a soccer mom? Yes? What about if the soccer mom is married to the Ferrari guy? Then, no? Basically regardless of what someone's circumstances if you wronged them you're responsible.

That is not a question of morals but questionable morality, which is the worst of all morality because it can be used to justify nearly any action so long as "morality" is invoked. Someone for instance can say my "morals" tell me to kick a Ferrari driver in the nuts because he's a rich businessman who takes advantage of the poor to get ahead and then flaunts his wealth. Am I justified then to kick anyone who drives a Ferrari in the nuts because I feel it's my moral obligation to? Or is it wrong simply to kick a guy in the nuts?

Instead think of it purely ethically and don't involve feelings of "morality". If you do something wrong what does it matter who on the other end is receiving your wrong doing? If there's an old retiree you pay, Ferrari guy you don't, what about a soccer mom? Yes? What about if the soccer mom is married to the Ferrari guy? Then, no? Basically regardless of what someone's circumstances if you wronged them you're responsible.

So what color is your Ferrari? Or are you married to a Ferrari owner?

I was just teasing with my post. :p
Over here, we will stop and pay. If we have not enough money, we use insurance to pay. No big deal.
Big deal is when you do something dishonest and you have to sleep with this knowledge.
:D

If you do so and do not stop to exchange contact details and insurance information, it is considered a hit and run here. You should expect a subpoena in a couple of weeks!

If you hit a parked vehicle and couldn`t find the driver you are expected to wait for a "reasonable time"(20-30 mins) and contact the closest police station immediately and leave your contact info along with a short testimony of events. You are also advised to leave your contact info on the damaged vehicle.

If you do so and do not stop to exchange contact details and insurance information, it is considered a hit and run here. You should expect a subpoena in a couple of weeks!

If you hit a parked vehicle and couldn`t find the driver you are expected to wait for a "reasonable time"(20-30 mins) and contact the closest police station immediately and leave your contact info along with a short testimony of events. You are also advised to leave your contact info on the damaged vehicle.

Note says "dear owner, i have accidentally hit your mirror and broke it. Because there are some people around here looking at me, expecting me to write a note behind, so here is the note. Have a nice day".

Note says "dear owner, i have accidentally hit your mirror and broke it. Because there are some people around here looking at me, expecting me to write a note behind, so here is the note. Have a nice day".

Exactly. But I still would have to testify at a police station to save myself of the trouble:)

BTW thanks for the Suggestion. I might come to Luzern in 2 weeks time. Last Month I was in Pfäffikon visiting family friends and Luzern sounds like a nice idea for my next trip (Not so far away ) :)

Exactly. But I still would have to testify at a police station to save myself of the trouble:)

BTW thanks for the Suggestion. I might come to Luzern in 2 weeks time. Last Month I was in Pfäffikon visiting family friends and Luzern sounds like a nice idea for my next trip (Not so far away ) :)

Ping me when you are almost here. I am 30 mins from Luzern. 20 if I go on Warp drive mode.

Back