• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thunderstorming at Iron Horse odge:(

Flaferalcat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I'm here near Deals Gap at the Iron Horse. 3rd time staying here. I'm on the Vision though, not the NCX. That bike will get its turn, provided this tip goes well and I get back, I'll have a centerstand and the parts for 12v accessory outlet waiting...hopefully I won't be waiting to plav with the Dragon tomorrow, and then who know where... :D I did get lost several times trying new routes! lol Got rained on too...
Just hanging in and drying out...pleasant evening everyone! :)
Eric:)

FlaFeralCat, I am also at Iron Horse right now under the front porch watching the storms. Is your Victory white? There's one parked right next to my yellow Goldwing. Hope to find you around. We will be tent camping once these storms pass.

Its amazing how social media has made it so that people can't just sit and talk face to face. :cool:

Its amazing how social media has made it so that people can't just sit and talk face to face. :cool:

You have a point, but . . . I'm sitting and talking to FlaFeralCat face to face right now! Without this forum we might not have met.

Try Ellijay road, Cullowhee mountain road, 28 to Franklin, make a pie run to Blue Ridge Ga on 68 (merciers orchard)

I think I saw a couple of the spots in Franklin...around Franklin? Google hd me hopping twisting up. I couldn't read the screen, just listened to verbals, than said...something I can't type...and remembered the route from...this town...passed by a waterfall picnic area, and dry falls...etc. RAINING! lol big truck in font jkept a pack of at 20-25 mph.
OK...riding time... Later, thanks for the tips. 670CC is trying to set up a tent.. :)

How many days you and 670cc going to be at Iron Horse?

I'll be at Iron Horse until Thursday morning, then head toward Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. Might need to divert to Asheville to get a new front tire on the 'Wing. I underestimated the life left in this one when I left home :(.

Did it yesterday....them most dangerous there was the loose gravel, and a crazy chick in a Kia, who kept stopping, pulling to the right like she wanted me to pass then swerving left and almost kissing my front left fender with her rear right quarter panel! Finally she went left, and I went right.

Last edited:
We changed plans and decided to stay at Iron Horse the whole week. Our group of three will start back toward Illinois on Saturday. We're having a great time in the Smokies. It's motorcyclist heaven!

I go up there every May for three or four days.I stay at the kickstand Lodge. Would love to do a whole week sometime. There's also hundreds of miles of fire roads in the area. I want to do the too.

Back