• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Today might have been the last ride for me for a while. Winter is on my doorstep.

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
Was visiting my mom when snow flurries started up. Didn't seem like much to worry about at the time, i've been on
lightly covered roads before with no problems. The snow picked up along with the winds. The snow wasn't melting and
started to cover the grass. Wind gusts were strong enough to make stop signs twist their mounting posts back and forth.

Time for me to hit the road. Twelve miles later, I rolled into my driveway.

IMG_0184.jpgIMG_0182.jpg

Last edited:
Nope. No heated gear. Just a set of Frogg Toggs that keep the wind out, and some insulating
layers underneath. Still looking for some gloves that will keep my hands warm. Seems to be
the only problem area that keeps getting cold this time of year. I've seen
the electrical ones, but the nice models that have the heating elements along each finger, are
not cheap!

I've got a set of heated gloves like your talking about with the heating elements along each finger. They suck compared to heated grips. I have these on the nc (not from this site) Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heaters With Round Rocker Switch :: MotorcycleGear.com

I mounted them under the stock grips (I'm a cheap bastard, not willing to shell out for the honda heated grips). I have ridden down to about 30 with summer gloves and have had no issues with cold hands. With the heated gloves I would have hot and cold spots. I've been burned by the gloves a couple of times where a heating wire was pressed against my hand.

This is the time of year that we here at the Gates of Hell remember why we made that choice. 80 - 85 andsunny today. We must hang onto these memories for next May when it'll be ~120.

This is the time of year that we here at the Gates of Hell remember why we made that choice. 80 - 85 andsunny today. We must hang onto these memories for next May when it'll be ~120.

Sorry. 'Way down here in balmy Tucson, it'll probably only get to 100-ish by then. Still springtime!

I do have to admit I've been taking advantage of the weather hereabouts. I did about 190 miles today south and east of Tucson. The temperature WAS getting way down as I passed through Sonoita though - it must have almost been in the low 70's there. Bbrrr.

Back