• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top box available for the X luggage rack?

SuperMek

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dear friends!

Are there any top box available for the X luggage rack without having to add a mounting plate that is left when you ride without the top box? I'm looking for a smaller top box 25-35 liters (max) and with the box off the view should look like this:

DSC_2924.jpg

Dear friends!

Are there any top box available for the X luggage rack without having to add a mounting plate that is left when you ride without the top box? I'm looking for a smaller top box 25-35 liters (max) and with the box off the view should look like this:

Hi Christian
If I understand your question, one possibility is the strap-on type of soft (semi-hard) cases which seats on the pillion seat (or directly on the rack).
Some come with side-cases also, with the straps hanging over the pillion seat.
eg: http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/images/03_Expandable-Nylon-Bag.jpeg

Thanks Joe! I already got one of those soft cases I used this summer on my European tours. This time I am looking for a hard shell case.

Thanks Joe! I already got one of those soft cases I used this summer on my European tours. This time I am looking for a hard shell case.

I think you mean that the hardcase should clip onto the original rack?
It must be almost impossible to find one.

What you can do is, buy a nice hardcase and then drill 4 holes fastening the plate to the rack....with some wing-nuts? Just an idea.

Other way is to use a web-net to hold the case in place.
I really don't see how or why other case-makers will do one which fits the Honda rack.
Maybe you can try some "Scooter" topcases from Honda. Perhaps they are cheaper and they also fit?

PS: My honda box is 35L.

What about this one: http://www.seiglerfamily.com/scooter/SpreeBasket1.jpg
All you need are some cable-ties...

Last edited:
Christian, I know this is not what you're looking for, but in the italian forum a guy as fitted a standard Givi M5 plate to the original Honda rack

Hey Christian,

The original 45 liter topbox (and I think also the 35 liter one) mounts directly on this luggage rack. If you remove the topcase, there's no additional mounting plate to see. I'm pretty sure because that's exactly why I bought the original honda cases.

kr,

Jurgen

Thank you Jürgen, splendid!
I asked my dealer here in Sweden but no one has ever seen any of these boxes from Honda. It seems to me that every farkle I add to the bike, I'm the first one ever in this country! Including the dealers... I got the response from my local dealer that it MIGHT need a mounting plate that is left on the bike with the top box off. That might probably been just some guessing from them and nothing else..

Thank you Jürgen, splendid!
I asked my dealer here in Sweden but no one has ever seen any of these boxes from Honda. It seems to me that every farkle I add to the bike, I'm the first one ever in this country! Including the dealers... I got the response from my local dealer that it MIGHT need a mounting plate that is left on the bike with the top box off. That might probably been just some guessing from them and nothing else..

Hi Christian
I am getting confused.
My Hondaline topcase 35L fits onto that rack without any additional plate.

I cannot get clearer than that, I am afraid.
I also believe they are same as some Honda scooter boxes....same mounting same box.
Joe

Last edited:
Hi Christian
I am getting confused.
My Hondaline topcase 35L fits onto that rack without any additional plate.
Joe

Thank you for info Joe! I knew you got the 35 liter Honda top box and gave me the answer:
I think you mean that the hardcase should clip onto the original rack?
It must be almost impossible to find one.
So, its certainly some confusion involved here. But nevertheless, if Honda now have the top box I'm looking for, we got a solution. And I am the happy one! :)

Back