• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Touring gear questions...

If your riding on a stock seat..might want an Airhawk cushion by the time you return :)

Moisture wicking clothing is really easy to wash out in the sink and dries fast.. or you can put it in a net bag on the bike and let it dry while you ride. For that matter you can get a giant ziplock and put your dirty clothes in there along with some washing power and strap that on the bike while you ride... it'll slosh it around all day just like in the washing machine. When your done riding just rinse out all the clothes and hang them up somewhere and they will be dry by morning (moisturing wicking stuff at least). Most of the people riding RTW trips have only 2 or 3 changes of clothes and using this method keeps them in clean clothes pretty easily.
Pay attention to what all you took that you didn't use so you'll know what to leave home next trip. My packing volume keep decreasing each trip I take it seems.. and I now have plenty of extra room in my bags/trunk so I can buy souvenirs if I want.

Here's what I'm taking (5 day trip)...

Tent
Matress Pad
Sm Tool Kit
Chargers (helmet, camera & phone)
Helmet Camera (Ion Pro 2)
3days worth of shorts and TShirts (stuffed into ziplock gallon bags)
Sandals or tennies
3days worth of skivvies
Toiletries (toothbrush, deodorant, body wash)
Tylenol
Bungee nets
Sunglasses
Phone
Flashlight

Those are the essentials. That's all I'm taking. :)

No sleeping bag or blanket? I suppose you can just sleep in your gear.

Here's what I'm taking (5 day trip)...

Tent
Matress Pad
Sm Tool Kit
Chargers (helmet, camera & phone)
Helmet Camera (Ion Pro 2)
3days worth of shorts and TShirts (stuffed into ziplock gallon bags)
Sandals or tennies
3days worth of skivvies
Toiletries (toothbrush, deodorant, body wash)
Tylenol
Bungee nets
Sunglasses
Phone
Flashlight

Those are the essentials. That's all I'm taking. :)

Riding all around in just skivvies and T-shirts attracts attention, no?

I would recommend a puncture sealant in the tyres , I always fill each new tyre, a cheap offcut of sheepskin to sit on , take chainlube ,talc powder, & a supply of earplugs.

I would recommend a puncture sealant in the tyres

After Slime and Stans I found a sealant product I think is at least the equal of Ride-On for filling a puncture and helping with plugs if they are needed. and it balances the wheels/tires too. Been using it in the wild and on the highway for some time now:

QuadBoss | ATV and UTV | ATV/UTV And Dirt Bike Tire Sealant
QuadBoss ATV Tire Sealant Review - Motorcycle USA

Sealant.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea why this is not marketed for street machines?

probably because of its origins and company focus? what's funny is how bad tire shops hate slime and yet it is probably by far the top seller ; }

Check out the Best Rest Cycle Pump. Not cheap, but it is a great pump that is small in size. I hooked up an SAE port on my bike that is a 15 amp harness. I can plug in my Battery Minder in the winter, my heated gear in spring and fall, and my Cycle Pump when I get a flat.

The Cycle Pump has a great valve clamp. I use it even when I'm home at times as it is easy and fast. The gauge that comes with it is also quite accurate. My pump is an earlier design from what they sell now, but mine will likely never need to be replaced.

BestRest Products, LLC

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Back