• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tow a UniGo trailer with an NC700x?

I was actually talking with a fabricating friend of mine about an hour ago about this subject. I decided I can get enough stuff on top of my bike that I don't need to haul anything behind it.

Agreed. However I am looking at all possibilities. I will have had this bike for a year in June and have already made up my mind that it will not be a short term ownership deal, it's in the stable for a long time.

Not to say it won't share time with other bikes, but I really enjoy this bike and have gulped Honda's kool-aid on this philosophy!

Agreed. However I am looking at all possibilities. I will have had this bike for a year in June and have already made up my mind that it will not be a short term ownership deal, it's in the stable for a long time.

Not to say it won't share time with other bikes, but I really enjoy this bike and have gulped Honda's kool-aid on this philosophy!

There many things that you have to look at regarding this.

Here they are:

• How much does this trailer cost?
  • How much will the custom hitch will cost?
  • Can the bike handle the load behind the rear wheel?
  • How will towing a trailer behind effect the stability of the entire vehicle?
  • Can the stock suspension handle the added weight of a trailer behind the rear axle?

You may want to check out this article on "HOW TO SAFELY TOW A TRAILER" for additional information.

I hope this helps with your decision making on which way to go with this idea.

Unigo would be the only trailer I would ever use because it is very light and a breeze to tow. The single wheel concept is perfect for a bike.

One problem is they do not have a hitch mount for the NC (yet). I would bet if they had a bike on site, they could pattern a mount for the NC.

The only other problem is the trailers are a bit pricy.

I followed one a co-rider had on a PC800 on the Cherohala Parkway a few years ago. The trailer leans as one w/the bike.

But the NC is an adventure bike and suited to take the Pelican/Givi style paniers. Personally, I would be more inclined to go that route.

If not a trailer you could do this.
35920b4d9b969bfff2502fa9bf0db2f6.jpg

Unigo would be the only trailer I would ever use because it is very light and a breeze to tow. The single wheel concept is perfect for a bike.

One problem is they do not have a hitch mount for the NC (yet). I would bet if they had a bike on site, they could pattern a mount for the NC.

The only other problem is the trailers are a bit pricy.

I followed one a co-rider had on a PC800 on the Cherohala Parkway a few years ago. The trailer leans as one w/the bike.

But the NC is an adventure bike and suited to take the Pelican/Givi style paniers. Personally, I would be more inclined to go that route.
I talked with them at Bike Week. Take your bike to them and they will make a hitch. A good welder / fabricator can make one for you.

Until January 2014, my last 5 bikes were Gold Wings. I've pulled trailers many miles, all with 2 wheels, with no problem. I ran the speed limit +, and usually 2 up. One trailer was a Cycle Mate, and the other a pop up camper. I realize I'm talking about a Wing and not a NC, but as with the camper I'm also talking about 400+ lbs prior to my wife packing it. Yes loss in acceleration and didn't stop as fast. You just keep that in mind and ride accordingly. I know several that had added brakes to their trailer and it worked great. I rode 2 up with the Cycle Mate on the Dragon and left my friend on a Street Glide. The only time I really noticed the trailer was slow speed maneuvers, the trailer wanted to straighten the bike, not push it over. I have heard the same slow speed maneuvers is true with the single tire trailer.

As has been said, we accept the risk we are willing to take. I guess, I have pulled a trailer behind a motorcycle over 250,000 miles and never had a problem. I take that back, one problem, gave my wife more room for stuff. I think her goal was if the trailer left home half full, it had to return full.

Just my opinion, based on my experience. BTW, I don't care what most people do, until it affects me.

Ed

I had a friend ride a GL1800 to the Colorado River with a Wave Runner in tow. Played on the river and came back. I was also an a Rider Rally in Tennessee and saw a guy pulling a pop up camper with a canoe behind it (tandem trailers). That thing was long.

J
Don't need a trailer....

View attachment 22287

Nice try, but obviously a doctored photo. Had they done it on an overcast day it might have worked, but the sun and shadow is a giveaway. There appears to be a shadow from the canoe on the ground, yet the bike's fairing and front fender are clearly in sunlight. Also, the shadow is offset, i.e., not a consistent placement on the front vs the rear. Plus, the spare tires are not casting a shadow. The two tank bags are identical, right down to the lighting. Pretty good effort, nonetheless.

Last edited:
I've towed a trailer behind a GL1800. It was like it wasn't there. Gas mileage dropped only 5-10%. Now in terms of towing ability, the GL is like a 1 ton pickup, while the NC is like a mid sized SUV. But I think a small trailer, eg a Uni-Go, would tow pretty well behind the NC. The low tongue weight would be much better on the suspension than fully loaded on-board luggage. I rather fancy the idea myself and may look into it further.

The Uni-Go, however, looks too fancy and pricy. Something in simply black ABS for a third the price might be worth looking into. I have less than $500 in the trailer I tow now, but it's a bit large to pull behind the NC.

Last edited:
I posted it as a joke, but thanks for pointing out the obvious to everyone. :)

Yes, I realize it was a joke. The comments weren't directed at you. I was just analyzing the originators work.

Last edited:
Back