• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trip meter reset stopped working?

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried to reset my trip A meter today after fueling by holding down the left button but it won't reset. The left button still works to cycle through the display but a long press isn't working.

My NCX is a 2012 with 20,000 miles, been in a rain a few times and sleeps in a garage.

Any ideas on how to restore full left button functionality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On my NC's mini logbook in which I enter miles/gallons, I wrote in big letters on the cover "Push Right Side to Reset."

My other bike, NT700V, resets its tripmeter from the left side so it got confusing for a while when I first bought the NC! :D

'Wiping egg off of face'

Right button works fine! How could I have forgotten this?

Hanging head in shame

Thanks for the help!

I think for most of us older (*ahem* seasoned) riders, we grew up with many bikes having the manual trip reset knob on the left. The standard analogue clock face speedo/odo being on the left and the tach on the right, for the most part.

I still to this day, instinctively want to go to the left side of the dash for it...:eek:

This seems like something that needs to be posted once a year in the spring...

I couldn't get mine to reset on the one warm day we've had so far either...

I think this is a very common issue and there's a reminder about the button sequence in the FAQ.

Back