• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

trouble installing sargent seat

Joecamel

Reaction score
Visit site
hello, I got my sargent seat in the mail today , i have previously had to take the NC's stock seat off to install a luggage set , so i was able to take it off easily and put it back on

i am having trouble putting back the sargent seats the fit doesn't seem to be perfect like there is a gap and i can't get both bolts to thread in, only one or the other

has anyone else had any issues install the sargent seat ? :confused:

Try only starting one a few turns then push the seat however necessary to line up the other bolt hole to the seat tab. After the seat sits on the bike a while it takes a permanent set and lines up.

I didn't have any issues installing my Sargent seat and yes, you can immediately feel a difference. I've put over 200 miles a trip and feel much better than the stock seat. Can't wait to get my 700 back on its feet after the wreck a week ago. Lots of cracked and scuffed plastic.

I didn't have any issues installing my Sargent seat and yes, you can immediately feel a difference. I've put over 200 miles a trip and feel much better than the stock seat. Can't wait to get my 700 back on its feet after the wreck a week ago. Lots of cracked and scuffed plastic.

does your seat have any gaps compared to the stock seat ?

I would send Sargent that pic and see if they think the quality is up to their standards. Then send it back.

Of course make sure the seat tab is inside retaining bracket and not on top of it. I raised the front of of my seat with the Showkey mod so I do have extra gap but it looks like yours. I took some closed cell pipe insulating foam, the kind that's split and has adhesive applied to the split, and filled the gaps with three pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 181
of course make sure the seat tab is inside retaining bracket and not on top of it. i raised the front of of my seat with the showkey mod so i do have extra gap but it looks like yours. I took some closed cell pipe insulating foam, the kind that's split and has adhesive applied to the split, and filled the gaps with three pieces.

This is what mine looks like. I don't think yours should have that big of a gap.[/attach]20160602_202251_resized.jpg20160602_202233_resized.jpg

Last edited:
The pictures sure look like the front seat tab is not seated IN the slot. Looks like it's resting on top of it!

I've had two sargent seats and both fit very well.

(sold my first to get a Corbin. Corbin behaved liked idiots, so went back to Sargent).

I bought a Sargent at the initial product rollout. I could not get the 2 bolts to install. Sargent had made the seat too wide, so that adding any of the aftermarket luggage hardware would cause interference with the grab rails. I didn't find the seat overly comfortable anyway, so I sent it back. I would hope they would have solved the fitment issue long ago.

Hmmmn.... seat comfort is personal and highly subjective. The seat fitting on the bike is something else. After 4 years of production Sargent should have that figured out. I've bought two, one in 2012 and one in 2015, and they fit just fine. One bike was fitted with Givi racks and the other has SW Motech racks and there is no interference with the stock grab rails with either seat.

I've also been in the Sargent factory a few times. Production is highly automated but for the covering. They use molds for the pan and the seat foam and these shouldn't have much variation in finished products. The seats I bought three years apart fit identically for me. On my bikes the stock seat and the Sargents I fitted use a mod to raise the nose about 5/8" to 3/4" inch so naturally all three seats had gaps between the seat and bike that were not there with a stock fitted as from the factory.

I believe that Sargent's customer service will happily refund buyers that are not completely satisfied with the seat and that is what it is all about in the "end".

(I rode 1039 miles the last couple days on a Sargent. I love the comfort.)

Back