• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ugg.......And I am not talking about the boot....

Jarvis

Reaction score
Visit site
Gosh the weather in North GA has been so crappy that I havent been able to ride my bike to work for 2 weeks.....:(

Anyone else experencing this depressinness???

Indeed. Every day here I look at the forecast in the morning, oh 60% chance of rain from noon til midnight. 2:00 pm comes and sun is shining bright with no clouds in sight.

Coming off the wettest June in some 100 years or so, and now every day high humidity with chances of thunderstorms has really put a damper on my riding as well.

Man I feel your pain here in jacksonville, it rains everyday. It doesn't stop me from riding but my gear sure is getting smelly lately lol. I don't know about you but being right here on the coast causes this time of year to do this every time. I just can't wait for cooler weather!

Since the NSA has tapped into EVEYONES thoughts....u think they could tell god that we have had enough rain for....oh say the rest of the summer...........:)

Yup,
With any luck the flooding rains will stop enough to ride some this weekend. I took my vacation last week and spent the whole time looking out the window at the pouring rain, and thinking about the brand new NC setting all lonely and sad in the shed.

Jim

You know that any minute the UK gang will be chiming in telling us what babies we are and how if they didn't ride in the rain they would never get to ride at all :p

We finally got a shower two days ago, perhaps a quarter of an inch. Before that, our last rain was on June 1st. So, I guess I don't feel your pain exactly. However, I do stop riding when the heat index is above 100, which we've had a few days (not nearly as bad as the last two summers). I'd trade some of your rain for some of our heat. I don't mind riding in the rain so much.
Mike

"You know that any minute the UK gang will be chiming in telling us what babies we are and how if they didn't ride in the rain they would never get to ride at all"

Ha!!!!

You know that any minute the UK gang will be chiming in telling us what babies we are and how if they didn't ride in the rain they would never get to ride at all :p

In the UK it's hard to distinguish between jet skis and motorcycles as they go down the canals...err I mean streets....
smileyscratchhead.jpg

Actually at the moment in the UK ,we are experiencing a heatwave (by UK standards). Hardly any rain for the last two weeks and temperatures 20-30 degrees centigrade and its forecast for another 7-10 days! By the way, a lot of UK riders do not ride in bad weather either.

Last edited:
You guys that complain about bad weather... The Swedes say that there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. Myself I draw the line at 38F/4C because that could mean getting stranded behind miles of sheet ice on the roads around here if the weather takes a turn for the worse.

But on the topic of nasty weather, did anyone see this last night. The trailer was enough for me.

[video=youtube;iwsqFR5bh6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwsqFR5bh6Q[/video]

I'm here in southeast Michigan and it's been the same for weeks. Forecast calling for 30% chance of rain/thunderstorms every day. 60% of the time, it's been overcast with no rain. 35% of the time, it's been sunny with no rain. 5% of the time, it's been a deluge/monsoon.

Yesterday, however, a cold front came through and it dried up and cooled off. They're calling for this for the next week at least. 75º (F) and clear. Finally.

Back