• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Unsure if to buy it or not!

I want to thank everyone who gave their input. I went and looked at the bike today and fell in love with it. I put the deposit done and hopefully will pick it up this weekend!! Some of you were correct, it was an older gentleman and he had other bikes and didn't use this one much up here. This bike is very very clean and well taken care of. I hope I enjoy it!
Thanks again!

Now that I finally have a bike, is there one accessory that is a must? I think my first extra will be a radiator guard.
7.jpg
For me it is comfort first. A aftermarket seat and a set of 2" Rox risers would be first.

smileybigsmile.jpg

00.jpg

I want to thank everyone who gave their input. I went and looked at the bike today and fell in love with it. I put the deposit done and hopefully will pick it up this weekend!! Some of you were correct, it was an older gentleman and he had other bikes and didn't use this one much up here. This bike is very very clean and well taken care of. I hope I enjoy it!
Thanks again!

Now that I finally have a bike, is there one accessory that is a must? I think my first extra will be a radiator guard.
Excellent news, well done Sir....:) I think a radiator guard is a great idea as that's one expensive radiator on your bike.

Congrats,maybe I will see you out riding soon.a front fender extender would be another must have to keep junk off of it.

Thanks again!

CONGRATS!!! On your new bike you will certainly enjoy it. Which one did you get, MT or DCT?

To answer your questions regarding which accessories to get. Please see my list below based on level of importance.

1. Center Stand - Honda 08M70-MGS-A30
2A. Heated Grips - Honda 08T71-MGS-A30, which aslo requires 08T70-MGS-A30, 08A70-MGS-D30 & 08T71-MGS-D30
2B. 12 V Accessory Socket - Honda 08V71-MGS-A30
3. Wheel Hugger - Skidmarx Recommened
4. Front Fendor Extendtion - Pyramid Recommended
5. Extended Windshield - Cee Baileys Recommended
6. Radiator Guard - Bruudt Recommended - I got mine off of eBay.
7. Hand Guards - Barkbusters VPS Recommended - I got mine from Twisted Throttle.
8. Rear Carrier Rack - Honda 08L70-MJJ-A30, which aslo requires 08L74-MGS-J30
9. Light Bar - Honda 08P70-MGS-A30
10. Fairing Air Deflector - Honda 08R70-MGS-A30, also the Lower Wind Deflector, however the part number will be dependant upon which trans type.

This would "Build" you a very good commuter bike. I would also recommend the Honda Rear Trunk, P/N 08L55-EWL-100E, if you can swing it. I would also recommend that you purchase all the Honda Accessories from Service Honda (Discounted Parts & Accessories Honda), their prices are 20-30% under retail for most Honda parts and accessories.

It would look something like this, before I finished installing everything I wanted into my bike.

IMG_2348.jpg

I hope you enjoy "Wrenching Around", I did when I installed all these items. Working on your own bike is the other half of the fun of riding it.

Post some pics and share them with us all. We'd love to see what you got and how you "Transform" it into what you what it to be.

Last edited:
That is a great list above. I would most definitely add a cell phone / GPS mount. I'd even go as far as macking that my 2c on his list. I personally couldn't live without the maps on my cell.

Just my opinion.

Welcome to the family. As for the warranty, my dealer told me the factory warranty covered 1 year from date of purchase and was transferrable. I balked on the extended warranty and the dealer told me that I could purchase it any time before my year ran out because the warranty is a "Honda product" as he called it. With so few miles, if it would make you feel better, I would check the original purchase date. If you're within the 1 year time frame, you should still be able to purchase the extended plan from Honda. If not, it can't hurt to go ask a local dealer if you can buy an extended plan now. All they can do is say no.

Congratulations from another new NC700X rider. I hope you are having weather more conducive to riding than we are.

Before I start customizing the bike, I will invest in additional MSF courses and more protective gear. (Anybody looking to be rid of a 42L riding one-piece? Let me help you clean out that closet!)

I found a great tip on adjusting the bars and levers at ADVrider - View Single Post - Owners Chat (with pics!): Honda NC700X. I would be interested in hearing other folks notions on handlebar fitting.

Another great tip on improving the seat can is Motorcycle Seats. I do not know if this would be difficult on the NC700X. I also want to raise the front or lower the back of the seat to prevent sliding forward.

My pre-owned NC700X came with the OEM saddlebags, OEM lightbar, and Givi windshield. Engine guards and radiator protection are right up there on my list. If I find the seat and windscreen unbearable, I expect to change those sooner.

congrats ,, my 2 cent's
unless your putting on off road tires , why not put a fender extender instead.
enjoy your new bike

It is a manual transmission, I have put over three hundred miles on it. I am now just going to relax and wait for good days to ride. I need to catch up on how to do maintenance on the common stuff. Thanks again for everyone's input!!

That is a great list above. I would most definitely add a cell phone / GPS mount. I'd even go as far as macking that my 2c on his list. I personally couldn't live without the maps on my cell.

Just my opinion.

I have been trying to find the thread where you listed your mount. I think it was a RAM mount but not sure. Could you tell me the model of yours? TIA!

Back