• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vibrations smoothed out after break-in?

I too feel the NC has some serious vibes at highway speeds in six gear around 3500-4000 rpms (70 - 75) for any length of time. I'm trying to figure it out. When I first got the bike I didn't notice it, but after the first oil change I started to notice it and thought that maybe the dealer gave me the wrong oil wait. What do you guys think? The manual calls for 5w30, I think, and the dealer put in 10w40. When I asked the dealer about it they said that should not cause any vibration. I might just drain it out anyway and put the correct weight in.

But I'm going to watch this thread because if I can get rid of these vibes at highways speeds this would be a great touring bike. Its great right now for commutes anything under 65 mph in six, and it's smooth.

I took it to Myrtle Beach, NC (about 3.5 hour ride all highway) and my hand was really hurting after say about an hour, and so was my butt. I did get the seat concept and that's wonderful.

Also, I was wondering about putting more weight in the throttle hand grip. I added acerbid hand guards.

It's funny only the throttle hand gets numb. Also, maybe thinking about cruise control.

Any suggestions would be great. btw I have about 1800 miles

-real

If it's mainly your throttle hand getting numb that's not from just from vibration. Try getting thick larger diameter gel grips. It lowers the amount of force you need to constantly apply to twist the throttle which should reduce fatigue and transmitted vibration from needing a tight grip.

If it's still bad I have a really buzzy Sym Wolf, on the freeway with the single cylinder engine winding out it would easily make both hands numb in 15 minutes. Manic Salamander pounders and gel grips fixed that. Nearly no vibrations other than a very narrow band which the bike rarely cruises at and even then not as bad as before.

But the NC is smooth. Unless you've ridden other bikes to compare it to, for a twin the NC is about as good as it gets.

Thanks for the suggestion: Grip puppies, going to order them now. I was very tempted to trade her in this weekend. My last two bikes where both Kawasaki's zx-12 and zx-9.

-real

If you want vibration ride a vstar 650.mine was unforgiving.the nc is as smooth as it gets in my opinion.

sent from my nc700x

Back