• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vvivid Vinyl Matte Copper

3rdgeargrndrr

Reaction score
Visit site
So I decided to wrap my new to me 2014 700x in Matte Copper from Vvivid. The vinyl is thick, Ive wrapped in 3mil Clear bras before but this stuff was stiffer. Heat gun definitely necessary.
I used the 4d Carbon for the Frunk wrap.
I ordered a 5'x6' sheet from the Ebay seller, and had plenty left over to wrap the top and side cases when I feel like it.
Hepco and Becker skid plate and bars installed yesterday.

331a5125-e1b8-4df9-857b-b67963bf28eb_zps1yhmrc3d.jpg

I repositioned the handlebars to suit standing. and needed to drill mounting holes for the clutch and brake to turn them as well.

edit: added Shinko 705's, Also, did all my maintenance, after adjusting the valves to spec, she sounds like a John Deere!
F5F8EDCC-D3DC-42C4-8B9D-9112A2738452_zpsu042qqal.jpg

42203523-F6D4-4625-B96A-8E6FBAFC5A9E_zpszezmpdwn.jpg

2F0543A3-6750-42BD-A7A4-FBFA1537993D_zps8ho9umb8.jpg

Last edited:
I know nothing about Vvivid Vinyl, but my motorcycle sure wishes that I learn. Did you have to remove all the body parts? What was the cost to do your NC7? Does the suns rays effect the vinyl a whole lot? Looks great!

I know nothing about Vvivid Vinyl, but my motorcycle sure wishes that I learn. Did you have to remove all the body parts? What was the cost to do your NC7? Does the suns rays effect the vinyl a whole lot? Looks great!

^ I have all the same questions ^

Thanks for all the kind remarks. The bike is still the original red under all the vinyl.
Yes, I completely tore down the whole bike, once I got it for foglamp and accessory wiring, it needed the 8000mi maintenance, and I needed to install the 12v elec socket so I was planning removing all the fairings.
The only thing I didnt remove was the front Beak/side piece. All the color parts I removed, including the little piece that fits between the seat and frunk cover. Also, I used Plasti-dip for the front fender,
Most shops will opt to cover the bike while the parts are still on, which is fine, but I like the added benefit that the wrap goes completely around the fairings and pieces and wont come off.
The vinyl strectches to fit when heated. It is adhesive backed. Its not really for a beginner, took me about 6-8 hours total to do, but thats catching up on all the adventure rider radio podcasts I missed ;)
I will try to get more pics up, but its not too bad for most do it yourselfers.
I plan on trading this bike up sometime in the future, so its mainly for paint protection, but its really growing on me.
The Power of the bike is not an issue at all, I dont understand what the huge fuss was about. I actually think it has too much torque too quickly for my tastes/

The Power of the bike is not an issue at all, I dont understand what the huge fuss was about.

I definitely agree on that. back in the day when I was young the NC700 would have been classed as a super bike.
I blame all these journo's if it hasn't got 150bhp its a commuter!
what? to me any bike that is capable of hitting 100mph is more than fast enough.

[video=youtube_share;nuzr00QGoQc]https://youtu.be/nuzr00QGoQc[/video]

Love the low center of gravity, picking her up , never a problem

shinko 750's front and rear,

Last edited:
Back