• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Waterproof Gloves

I ride a lot in the rain, for hours to days on end. Been doing this type of riding from July 1958 to the present (Daytona last week). I have tried so many boots and gloves over the years. Like 670cc says sooner or later all the products have leaked in hard day-long rains. Only thing that I can find that works somewhat is to put Ziplock bags or loft of bread bags over the boots and gloves, otherwise after time they all leak.

I carry a supply of big trash bags, large ziplock food bags, and the smaller ziplock sandwich bags and a small role of blue tape.

• sandwich bags - gps and cell phone covers
  • big food bags - tools and other items in my saddle bags
  • big trash bags - go over my saddle bags and then I blue tape them in place.

I did break down and get the TourMaster rain covers for boots [HERE]. ($24 March 2015)

While I will never have the years of experience OCR has (I'm too old, I'll die first!),

I should like to note that putting the gauntlet of your water proof gloves
UNDER the sleeve of your water proof coat keeps the water from running down your arm and straight into your glove.
Same for the boot covers. That was a point I missed the first time I hit hard rain.
I usually stop under an overpass, out of the rain, to make the changes.

I carry a supply of big trash bags, large ziplock food bags, and the smaller ziplock sandwich bags and a small role of blue tape.

• sandwich bags - gps and cell phone covers
  • big food bags - tools and other items in my saddle bags
  • big trash bags - go over my saddle bags and then I blue tape them in place.

I did break down and get the TourMaster rain covers for boots [HERE]. ($24 March 2015)

While I will never have the years of experience OCR has (I'm too old, I'll die first!),

I should like to note that putting the gauntlet of your water proof gloves
UNDER the sleeve of your water proof coat keeps the water from running down your arm and straight into your glove.
Same for the boot covers. That was a point I missed the first time I hit hard rain.
I usually stop under an overpass, out of the rain, to make the changes.
if you put the gauntlets inside your sleeve won't the wind and rain just go up the gauntlets into your sleeves?

if you put the gauntlets inside your sleeve won't the wind and rain just go up the gauntlets into your sleeves?

a succinct answer is "MU" (see Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance).

multiple answers to this question are: Yes, Not So Much, and No.

if you have bell-bottom sleeves, yes.
if you have straight sleeves, not so much because the gauntlet fills in the space. (smaller gauntlets are less effective)
if you have velcro ties on the coat the cinch at he cuffs, no. (the cinch seals around the gauntlet pretty well)

I know it's off-topic but I fond a nice little video showing how the boot covers work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIv2VCPWgns

I'm considering buying a pair of these to help keep my feet warm.

I don't understand companies that have an online presence, that don't post multiple informative photos or videos of the products they're trying to sell.

a succinct answer is "MU" (see Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance).

multiple answers to this question are: Yes, Not So Much, and No.

if you have bell-bottom sleeves, yes.
if you have straight sleeves, not so much because the gauntlet fills in the space. (smaller gauntlets are less effective)
if you have velcro ties on the coat the cinch at he cuffs, no. (the cinch seals around the gauntlet pretty well)
I'll have to give that a try next time. My jacket has snaps with only two buttons to snap onto but I think it would be a snug fit with the gauntlets on, and I have bark busters on my motorcycle which would help, but I've always just ridden with the gauntlets on the out side of the jacket sleeve

I suppose on one of those Harley-style, Ape-Hanger, handlebars.... your wrist is higher than your shoulder, so the water runs down toward your shoulder and NOT into your glove.... but I can't see riding the NC with Ape-Hangers!
ape.jpg

Check out Roadgear.com if you'd like summer weight waterproof gloves. I'm in Florida and while there are plenty of H2O proof winter gloves, theses are the only summer weight ones I've found.

Back