• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Went to check put the NC700X in person today.

booblinker

Reaction score
Visit site
Went to check out the NC700X in person today.

No plans to buy it, then they told me they would finance with 0 down. It's a new old stock 2015, paid $2000 less than a 2017 would be and got heated grips. Get to pick up next saturday :)

Last edited:
First of all congratulations! I don't know your riding history but you just purchased a two wheeled Swiss army knife! There are times I would like the arm straightening power of my Gixxer, but at almost 63 years old, who am I kidding! It's a great commuter, weekend warrior and a one up tourer. I'm leaving for a 3k trip May 2, and taking the NC. To make it work for me I made the usual changes; Sargent Seat, Puig W/S, top case and side cases, which I will be selling soon. I just ordered Hepco Becker side mounts so I can use the 30 and 42 liter bags I use on my Guzzis. It gets great mileage, best I got going thru the Green and White mountains in NH and VT was 82 mpg. I average high 50's - mid 60's. It only took me hitting the rev limiter twice before I got used to short shifting. Every time I think of selling it (M/C A.D.D.) I take it out and dismiss that silly notion. I really hope you get the enjoyment that I, and many others have experienced!

Been riding on and off for 13 years. Not planning on doing many modays other than crash bars, and Bark busters. I bought it because I live on dirt, and it seems like a fun bike for my 20 mile ride to work. Also the only fun riding in Michigan is if you can do some off roading too. I usually do a 2500 mile trip once a year 2 out of every 3 years. Hoping to do a few 600-1000 mile long on and off road long weekends this year.

Welcome to the NC club... No plans to buy... then dealer pulls out all the tricks... Nice bike!

Yep, the NC is a good all around bike. I am pretty new to the NC club myself and so far it is pretty nice. Definitely will be my "go to ride" for many years to come for day to day use. ;)

Welcome! The NC is a great bike, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I would suggest looking at a front fender extender and a radiator guard. I also live down a dirt (gravel) road and the added protection for the radiator helps my piece of mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I forgot to add, not many mods until I have more money :D

Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the forum. I put a pair of these for 7/8 inch bars on my NC Trackside Aluminum Handguard Kit With Shields - Cycle Gear Right now they're $99 but if you wait a month or two the price drops to $49 on a regular basis. I'm probably going to put a set on my son Max's 2013 CB500X. He dropped his bike in our muddy driveway and cracked the SW-Motech hand guards that were on the bike when we bought it. I've dropped the NC onto rocky dirt, the Cyclegear guards worked very well.
Ebay has some pretty good deals on used Givi saddlebag sets right now. You want to look for the Monokey bags. The Monlock bags are meant to be used as top cases only. With the side case racks and a top case rack you can use the two bags together or just one as a top case. You can get racks from Givi or SW-Motech, the SW-Motech racks can be configured to accept bags other than Givi.

Last edited:
No plans to buy it...Get to pick up next saturday
Congratulations on your new acquisition, you chose wisely! (I'm on my third now, new/old stock 2012 manual, then a used 2012 DCT auto, and now my bought new 2016 DCT auto) Let the farkling begin, lots of sage advise will be found here, enjoy.

Ray

Welcome fellow Michigander. I live on a dirt road as well and that was a factor in my decision to purchase the NC. It's a great commuter too. Good luck!

Back