• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you trade in??.

My 2006 Suzuki DL1000
2012-09-09153758.jpg

I'm another one of those cash trades. I had a TW200 and a GL1200I. Since I knew I could sell both outright, I took a chance on the NC.
After I got to know the NC, I sold the GL and kept my TW. I like the NC more and more everyday!

I finally got it all set up the way I wanted it, then I sold my '07 Ninja 250 to a nice fella (made a little profit on it). I'm tempted to paint or wrap part of my NC700X that color of blue. It goes so well with the grey (silver).

I did manage to average 82 MPG with the 250! With a 4.8 gallon fuel tank, she had some range.

Greg
100_2835s.jpg

Me too glenbo. I pinched a lil' off of my 401k and paid cash for her. I compared the taxes I paid to withdraw the money, to
financing it through my bank. The difference was quite small. Hmmm...save a grand and worry about a payment for the next 36-48 months, or
drop a check and own her in full.... I don't think I will ever regret my decision.

The gas I save riding it as my daily driver, MORE than makes up for the difference.

Yeah, that money probably would have grown substantially over the next 20 years if I had left it in the 401k.
My answer to that: Its hard to enjoy the fruits of your labor when you're 6 feet under. :D

Last edited:
Cash from the insurance settlement I got after my Buell and I parted ways north of Coolidge, Arizona in April, 2012. We parted ways probably at 65 mpg, although I don't remember anything from the crash at all. It's a 65 mph road, though...

Here's the Buell:

Attachments

• 2009 Buell Ulysses.jpg
    2009 Buell Ulysses.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 149
I rode my DL for 50,000 miles before I said " enough is enough " and traded it in.I was looking at $1,500 just to get it to run right!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imag0132ts.jpg

A 2011 Harely Street Bob. I really miss the character of Street Bob and I was actually upset the day the Street Bob was part ex'd. The reason she was sold was because the bike developed vibration in the right hand footpeg which made my foot go numb all the time. I couldn't take it any more and so it had to go. I'm never going to purchase such an expensive bike again, from now on I'll just stick to cheaper middleweight machines

Traded a 2006 FJR. I thought I would miss it, but it hasn't happened yet.
Even though it was fast and comfortable, it just didn't work for me. I think it was the bulk/weight of the thing.
Trailering, getting in and out of storage, and slow speed maneuvering sucked. I'm 5'11 and 230 lbs, and still, that thing was just bigger than it needed to be.
I did all my own maintenance on it, and I dreaded every time I had to get to the top of the engine. From the looks of it, the NC will be awesome when it's time for valve adjustment.
One huge thing with the FJR is the stock setup of the fuel injection. If you look at FJR forums, a common theme is the "lean surge". Everyone recommended a power commander to smooth it out, but at the cost of mpg's. I'm not against mods, but for the cost of the bike, I felt it should have been unnecessary to go aftermarket to make it rideable.

Wait a minute, was this thread bash your old bike to justify your NC purchase, or just to say what you traded in?

09 DL650 (wee strom). Really good bike, just too much of it visable from the seat! Also, didn't need the offroad capability, I hate riding gravel roads.

Traded a 2006 FJR. I thought I would miss it, but it hasn't happened yet.
Even though it was fast and comfortable, it just didn't work for me. I think it was the bulk/weight of the thing.
Trailering, getting in and out of storage, and slow speed maneuvering sucked. I'm 5'11 and 230 lbs, and still, that thing was just bigger than it needed to be.
I did all my own maintenance on it, and I dreaded every time I had to get to the top of the engine. From the looks of it, the NC will be awesome when it's time for valve adjustment.
One huge thing with the FJR is the stock setup of the fuel injection. If you look at FJR forums, a common theme is the "lean surge". Everyone recommended a power commander to smooth it out, but at the cost of mpg's. I'm not against mods, but for the cost of the bike, I felt it should have been unnecessary to go aftermarket to make it rideable.

Wait a minute, was this thread bash your old bike to justify your NC purchase, or just to say what you traded in?

DL1000's have the same FI issues and I refused to pay $300 for something that Suzuki should have fixed in the almost 10 year run of the bike !!.
Plus the clutch baskets get loose and rattle/vibrate and cost another $300-500 to fix.Otherwise great bike !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I found comical on the FJR was the "real time mpg" readout on the dash. All the bikes that year would only read 17mpg, so on the forums a lot of guys fuely icon was jokingly set at 17. You had to get Yamaha to replace the ECU to fix it. Which would also fix the lack of altitude compensation for the fuel injection system. Not what you expect for something around 15000 msrp.

Back