• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What do you do to combat "HELMET HAIR"

Cutter J. Duke

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If there is nothing else in my "Frunk", you will always find a military veteran's ball cap in there. A well fitting helmet is going to flatten your hair to your head and any time in the Southern Florida heat would make the devil sweat till he looked like he dumped a pail of water on his head. Here a hat is normal because everyone is trying to keep from frying their face and head, but how do those of you in the upper latitudes deal with it?

I deal with it by implementing a strong male pattern baldness regime. Helmet getting looser all the time... How do you fix that!

There's not allot you CAN do. However what I've heard works best is a helmet liner like one of these:

Comfort Accessories - LDComfort

HEAT-OUT - Helmet Liner - Accessories - Motorcycle Helmets - Street - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

I've been using the cycleGear one now for about 6 months and I like it. It does help some with helmet head, but what I really like best is it makes putting on your helmet easier.. slips right on and it also wicks away moisture if your riding in heat. I've never liked the idea of wearing one of these things, but I think now I have had a change of heart.

Then I suggest you find a middle aged Japanese man and sleep with him.
:p

I have shared sleeping quarters with middle-aged Japanese guys and don't recall anything on their heads.

What was this movie you saw?

My all-time favorite bogus story about the Japanese I ever heard was a girl in college who told the class that the Japanese use snake piss as salad dressing. When I pointed out to her the difficulties in obtaining sufficient snake piss making it implausible (to say the least) she said she had heard it from her father and got royally indignant, loudly proclaiming, "My father doesn't lie!!!" My wife (Japanese) told her she had never heard of such a silly thing, and she still stuck to her snake piss salad dressing story.

I guess when a nation does a few weird things it makes people tend to believe any weird thing they hear about them.

(I think I spent half my time in college telling my hick classmates that the male Japanese exchange students weren't all gay just because they used pencil boxes).

Year-round buzz cut. Nine millimeters in the summer and twelve in the winter.

I do the same, except I just take it all down as far as my clippers will cut it and repeat when ever it gets long enough to bug me. Which isn't very long. So now the only problem I have to deal with is the pattern of the helmet pads leaving imprints on my forehead when I take it off.

Last edited:
Uhhhh...helmet hair...yes.

I wear a short hair cut and keep a baseball cap in the frunk. If the hair is really bad, I figure I can wear the hat.

Last edited:
You guys are still talking about something as trivial as helmet hair? Let me know when this gets serious and you start taking about my hair problem: jacket back. I'm too embarrassed to take my shirt off at the beach when I ride there. It looks like I brought a opossum with me. :)

i just give my head a shake, and i look just like the model in the herbal essences commercial. (LMAO)

seriously, i usually wear a braid or pony tail, but i have to keep it tucked into the back of my jacket or it gets knottier than johnakay. :-0

Back