• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What I did to my helmet to 'improve visibility'

Thanks! Tapeworks.com was where I got it. No idea of brand. They'll sell a kit that'd cost ~$100 when pre-done in retro-reflective stuff, or just order some of their bulk tape. Their bulk stuff is ~14" wide, so a couple or three feet will give enough to play around, screw up, re-do, etc. :)

May I have the link to what you bought... their page is nice, but I can't find much and don't know what I'm looking for.

Sorry. Yes, what LBS shows is it (their bulk tape).

If you're looking for their pre-cut Honda Wings kit, it's at:
Generic Kits- Helmet Graphics
Or, via their menus, it's under:
--Generic kits --> Helmets

I had spied those, and thought that's what the ticket was at first, but then I couldn't see any other choices except black and yellow vinyl, no other colours or reflectives? Maybe I was looking in the wrong spot :eek:

I've talked to them about their kits before. They'll make them out of whatever tape you want. The reflectives just cost a bit more, that's all. About $100, IIRC?

Wow, very smart job. Looks great.

It reminded me that my helmet actually came new with some reflective stickers in the packaging. Apparently, it's the law in France that their local helmets must have reflective stickers at specified sizes and placement. We don't have such a law in Australia and I'm unlikely to ride much, if at all, at night so I never got around to putting them on. The helmet is a Shark Evoline series 3 which is apparently a French company.

Now if I could only remember where I put the stickers....

Back