• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

what is needed?

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
A good friend of mine with a std 2019 NC750X wanted factory saddlebags.

He ordered :

08L70-MKA-A30 Sdlbg (29L wave key)
08M70-MJE-D03 Cylinder Inner
08M71-MJE-D01 Body Parts (1 Key)

Does he need more like the saddlebag support bracket and Rear Carrier/Saddlebag Bracket?

Required for Installation (Sold Separately)
Please Note: Multiple models & various years may be displayed below. Be sure to select additional items applicable to your vehicle's year & model. You may also locate requirement applications within the Installation Instructions link, when provided.

(REQUIRED FOR ALL MODELS)↓
RearRear Carrier 08L72-MGS-A30

(2013-15) ↓
Rear Carrier/Saddlebag Mount Brackets 08L74-MGS-J30

Not sure why it doesn't say the later MYs need it too, my '17 certainly needed the brackets lol

Thanks Janus, I figured he need more.

The bags have been on backorder for a month or so, but are supposed to be released in 2 days (if they don't get delayed). Hope the mounting brackets aren't back ordered.

Last edited:
Thanks Janus, I figured he need more.

The bags have been on backorder for a month or so, but are supposed to be released in 2 days (if they don't get delayed). Hope the mounting brackets aren't back ordered.
Did your friend get the OEM saddlebags yet? I ordered a set in April, was given a June delivery date, but have recently been told to expect them "mid July". I've got a trip coming up in August, so I'm getting nervous. BTW, the rack, mounting hardware, locks, etc. were ordered at the same time and were all received without delay.

Did your friend get the OEM saddlebags yet? I ordered a set in April, was given a June delivery date, but have recently been told to expect them "mid July". I've got a trip coming up in August, so I'm getting nervous. BTW, the rack, mounting hardware, locks, etc. were ordered at the same time and were all received without delay.
No he hasn't. All the brackets are in, but the bags themselves have not come in and as of last week no expected delivery date. We have a trip coming up as well, and Jim will just strap a bag lengthwise on his seat and luggage rack like he did last year if the Honda bags dont come in by the time we leave.

Did you put your brackets on?

No he hasn't. All the brackets are in, but the bags themselves have not come in and as of last week no expected delivery date. We have a trip coming up as well, and Jim will just strap a bag lengthwise on his seat and luggage rack like he did last year if the Honda bags dont come in by the time we leave.

Did you put your brackets on?
No, I have not wanted to install anything until the bags themselves are in. Plan B is to cancel the entire Honda purchase and switch to another brand/set that’s more available (e.g. Givi).

No, I have not wanted to install anything until the bags themselves are in. Plan B is to cancel the entire Honda purchase and switch to another brand/set that’s more available (e.g. Givi).
Ah that might be a good plan, but as soon as you do, the Honda bags will get released lol

Back