• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

what is the quietest tire you have had on the NC?

mreric

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have the stock scorpion trail on the NC. i dont like the noise they make, I had michelin on my other bike and are quieter.

am trying to make my NC a quieter commuter. i dont ride on dirt.

what have you own on the NC ?

Last edited:
I have the stock Bridgestones on mine and they pick up a lot of road noise. I'm thinking of going with Michelins when I need new tires, hoping they will be quieter.

Its just my opinion but I think it has more to do with the road than the tire. I've had the BT-023 and I currently run the PR4's. Both these tires make a lot of noise up through the front forks when traveling on rough concrete or asphalet roads. When I hit some fresh new pavement they are quiet as hell. You might find a tire that is wee bit quieter but you might also sacrifice mileage from the softer rubber. I hope you find what your looking.

The front pr4 is noisey,but it depends on the road,and the way they handel ,even in light off road is worth it to me.so far they are a good choice of tire.

The OEM front Metzeler Z8 was the loudest howling under braking tire I've ever had in all my life! :eek:

The Metz Z6's on my F800ST were graveyard quiet. I can't say I really notice any noise, let alone an objectionable amount, from the TKC knobby tires I have mounted presently, so other than the anomaly of the stock front Z8 tire, I can't help, sorry. :eek:

The Continental Motions promote quiet since Mrs. StratTurner doesn't yell at me so much when I buy a set!

... but that's not quite what you were asking about... I realize...

(NB: that was all about humor. in 30 years my beloved wife has never never yelled at me.)

Bike tires will make an audible buzz when you take off road tires on pavement. Bicycle I mean. Tire makers advertise "buzz free" cross tires.

I have had the Z8's, PR3's, and currently Angel GT's. I think the Angels are by far the most quiet of the three, and so far 1200miles in they are my overall favorites.

Back