• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Is Your Favorite Beer?

Seabee Bob

Reaction score
Visit site
Franziskaner, a wheat beer, is fresh, yet full, with an omnipresent banana and bubblegum flavor. Wheat beer is a summer staple for baseball games, cookouts or just cooling off at a local bar.

beer_draft_franziskaner.jpg71581_t607.JPG

Locally made beer is my option, of course ;)

foto-2.jpg

Excellent choice Lee. Especially with a vanilla ice cream mixer :) .
Best beer I ever had was in Germany back when I was in the Air Force. I don't even know the name, but it was a draft in a restaurant. I do remember the head was so thick it took about 20 minutes to pour into the mug.

Bob

Glad to see you join in on the fun beemer! My mémère "French Canadian for Grandmother" use to make homemade Root Beer. It was sooo goood!!!

When I moved to Hendersonville, NC. I went to the County Fair and found Hillbilly Bob's Homemade Soda. You pay for a lined tin can and when it is all gone. You come back for a FREE refill. I have two tin cans now from living there for two years. I hope to get a third Oct of 2013 when I move back up to the beautiful mountains of WNC. 189 days and counting! :)

0914111939-00.jpg

Last edited:
I have never drunk one of those "root beer". Are they really beer made from roots??? :confused:

I have never drunk one of those "root beer". Are they really beer made from roots??? :confused:

Root beer is a carbonated, sweetened beverage, originally made using the root of a sassafras plant (or the bark of a sassafras tree) as the primary flavor. Root beer, popularized in North America, comes in two forms: alcoholic and soft drink. The historical root beer was analogous to small beer in that the process provided a drink with a very low alcohol content. Although roots are used as the source of many soft drinks throughout the world, often different names are used.

Sassafras_Plant-Root.jpg

Last edited:
Root beer is a carbonated, sweetened beverage, originally made using the root of a sassafras plant (or the bark of a sassafras tree) as the primary flavor. Root beer, popularized in North America, comes in two forms: alcoholic and soft drink. The historical root beer was analogous to small beer in that the process provided a drink with a very low alcohol content. Although roots are used as the source of many soft drinks throughout the world, often different names are used

Wow, thanks for the explanation. Nothing similar here, AFAIK

I like the Octofest too. Had a six last weekend. Mr. Koch knows what he's doin' ;)

Me in front of the barrel room, at the original Sam Adams brewery in Boston, MA.
IMG_0131.jpg

A buddy and I took the tour, and yes -as advertised, free beer in the tasting room at the end of the tour!
Who wants to drink 3 varieties of Sam Adams for free? ME!!!!!

We were lucky enough to take seats next to a couple that didn't really "appreciate" beer.
The job of finishing off the lion's share of our community pitcher, fell on our shoulders/tongues.
Poor us.
Did I mention this was part of my 2377 mile journey on the NC? Bonus points! lol
IMG_0134.jpg

Last edited:
I think the best beer is a COLD one in hot summer days.
A dark one in the cold winter time.
A free one with someone you just met.
A one in a round paid by you, when you are with friends.

Beer drinking is a communal thing and it is like music, you remember the "best" beer/song together with the situation you were in.
Bottoms up!
:D

Off to the Peak District for the weekend where they brew my favourite Ale....Old Intentional, "A rich full bodied premium bitter with a delicate hop finish." I've only had it in the bottle but am hoping to get to the brewery, or at least one of their 3 pubs to sample it (and others) from the tap. Like all good beers, they are enhanced by good company and a good atmosphere. Have a good weekend.

Al@n

I like Tucher and Paulaner also.

Attachments

• Tucher.jpg
    Tucher.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 38
  • label_hefeweizen-naturalwheat.jpg
    label_hefeweizen-naturalwheat.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 72
Back