• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What repairs, replacements have been made on your nc700?

The_Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
What repairs and/or replacement have You made on your NC700?

Looks like I'll be putting 12,000-15,000 miles on my bike every year, so I'm wondering what may have to be replaced or repaired that is not scheduled in the Owner's Manual.

Specifically but not inclusive;

Brake Shoes
Chain and Sprockets
Front Fork Seals
Steering Head Bearings
Wheel Bearings
Rear Shock
Clutch
Cables

I've replaced my chain once. I'm thinking the wheel bearings should be done soon. I've taken
my wheels off a couple times to put new tires on. At the time, I didn't have a torque wrench and
just tightened the nut/bolt "Good 'n tight to keep them from coming loose". The first time I torqued them to
spec, I said "Oh s***" when my wrench clicked after putting far less torque on them. All that extra
force couldn't have been good for those bearings.

I have the manual now and torque everything to spec.

Last edited:
Replaced chain and sprockets around 14k. Did fork seals at 20k. At 25k now, need to do the rear shock, but I've wanted to do that for...fifteen thousand miles or so. Clutch and cables seem fine, except my throttle cable rubbed on my after market windshield and could use a new one. Brakes have plenty of life still.
I think everything else I've replaced outside of the basic maintenance list has been due to oops moves on my part (brake lever, rear rotor, couple of other things)

I've put on 24K miles since May 2013, and my mechanical replacements are:

- sprockets and chain (16K miles)
- tires (Michelin PR2, then Continental Motions, 8K miles, then 24K)
- air filter
- oil and oil filter

Water pump leak around 24,000 miles. Other than that just reg stuff. Chainssss as in plural because this bike eats them, tires, brake pads, rebuilt front brake master cylinder. Needs a front rotor soon as the pulsing is getting annoying.

Water pump leak around 24,000 miles. Other than that just reg stuff. Chainssss as in plural because this bike eats them, tires, brake pads, rebuilt front brake master cylinder. Needs a front rotor soon as the pulsing is getting annoying.

lots of off-road riding in your case?

After 21,000 miles.....rear Metzeler Z8 tire at 8,000; set of Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires at 14,000; new sprockets & chain at 17,000; fork oil change 17,250.

To date regular maintenance at recommended mileage .... Oil & filters, air cleaner, brake fluid.

I got my bike late in the game compared to many of you. I'm glad to see those of you that are over the 20,000 mark have not had any major issues although I'm not surprised.

I paid Sergeant to repair my seat so I could ride more than 50 miles without pain. Honda would not accept it as a warranty claim. :(

Also replaced slippery Metzler tires after 4000 miles. No cost help from Metzler either. :(

On a positive note, even paid for by me, the Sergeant seat and PR3s are great improvement. :)

I've noticed several have gone to the PR3's. Just curious, why not the PR4's? Are you liking the PR3's and are they wearing well? Sticky? Thanks, Ed

There is no perfect tire. Like Fuzzy the 4s weren't even out last summer when I put PR3s on. At 7,000 miles my PR3s are wearing with the peculiar feathering some Pilot Roads develop. While they no doubt will go over 10,000 miles the buzz they develop under braking from the wear will become annoying just like PR2s. :(

Back